Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the day the music died. 1959, the big bopper, ritchie valens, and buddy holly were killed in an airplane crash trying to make a concert at the serf ballroom in clear lake iowa. after 48 years the coffin was exhumed and an autopsy was performed. for the last two years the coffin has been displayed in the Texas Musicians Museum in Hillsboro Texas. the body has been reburried in a new coffin. soon the coffin will be going up for bids on ebay. so, what do you guys think? you want to bid on an authentic coffin? i scanned the article from the paper.
personally i won't bid, but i hope to be able to keep an eye on the auction as soon as it hits ebay.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Personally, I find it kind of disgusting that they wouldn't put him back in the same coffin and back into the ground. Why did they feel like they had to display the coffin and what gives them the right to sell it? It makes a guy just want to run out and steal some more celebrity coffins to sell. lol

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,328 Posts
I'm with you, Growler, some people just don't get it. There is a line between the macabre and the ridiculous, and they can't see it.

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
in reading the article the body was dug up to perform an autopsy by request of the son. the son is the one who probably wanted closer. the original coffin had minor water damage to the outside of the coffin so it was only fitting to rebury him in a new coffin. the coffin has been sitting in a museum since for two years. a musical tribute has been started on the life and death of the stars and was short funding. the son felt donating the coffin to be sold would fund some of the expenses and be a lasting monumental tribute to his father. something that would reach out to more people than a coffin sitting in some museum.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts