Halloween Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Scared Silly
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished this for Hauntforum's $20 Prop Contest, and I thought I'd show her off over here, too.
So, I have two witches in the graveyard already (pic), but I've really been wanting a third one. Since many of my props draw from classic movies, I decided to make this one based on the "How about a little fire, Scarecrow? Wanna play ball?!" scene form The Wizard of Oz (complete with a makeshift silk flame fireball and to be eventually mounted on the roof)...with my own little spin on it...See, I have a "normal" looking witch, and a really skinny witch, so all that's missing is a...plump witch.
The idea was to have this third witch as hideous as he other two who seems to think that, with enough makeup, she's good enough for Miss America.
So, without further ado, I present Betty:

·
Going bump in the night..
3,388 Posts
Outstanding!!

Her expression is priceless, and great job on her teeth!
The fireball in her palm is a great touch...gotta' love the inspiration.

Did you sculpt her hands as well?

I am not going to mention which of my in-laws this reminds me of...I may be pulling the remains of an actual fireball out of some tender areas on myself, if I do.

·
Scared Silly
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you sculpt her hands as well?
Unfortunately not. As I started to close in on the $20 budget, I realized that the materials (clay) to make my own hands would actually be more expensive than to use the 80 cent hands I picked up on clearance. The final roof-topper will have sculpted, pudgy hands and a broom in the non-flame hand, as though she's trying to keep her balance.

Thanks for the compliments, too, btw!

·
BAD INFLUENCE
11,433 Posts
Awsome job Mr.C., The only problem I have is when did you get my EX-WIFE to pose for you ????!!! Again Great job!!

·
Pirate of the Puget Sound
715 Posts
Betty is gorgeous! She can light my fire any day!

Though her teeth seem a bit too white for my liking. I thought witches brew usually stains the teeth.

·
Registered
210 Posts
This is FANTASTIC. I love how jubilant she looks! Excellent expression....she actually reminds me of *several* of the matriarch figures in my family! In an endearing way! Large and in charge, but full of life and enthusiasm! hehe

1 - 18 of 18 Posts