Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Wondering if anyone has a homage or any beetlejuice items in their cemetery? I have moved this year and thinking about some new ideas as I am watching Beetlejucie on TV. We did name my daughter Delia after Delia Deetz after all. I may have to do the tombstone and maybe some costume similarities. I would love to see pictures if any of you have anything.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I saw a few things in the news over the last few days about the movie because it hit the 30 year anniversary Friday the 30th (yesterday)....It said they are working on a script for a second movie but not sure it will ever be made and they are making a musical play this Oct in Washington DC before hitting Broadway....There was a tombstone for sale last season, a bigger and a smaller version but don't remember who sold it....I imagine it would be challenging to build one because of the creature pointing down....Life size was around 6 feet so it would be a center piece if you made it life size....ZR

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,329 Posts
I'm working on something inspired by the now 30 year old movie. Snakes with human heads. These guys are work-in-progress, but I have 3 others ready for display. Cost per snake, about $12. Paper mache heads, the bodies are pool noodles over copper water pipe wrapped in colored duct tape. We will use a Snakes Hissing download for ambient sound.

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
those snakes are looking great, good idea!
I am gonna have to check out pinterest, i rarely check do and should start much more often.
thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
For the last 2 Halloweens I've dressed as Betelgeuse, and have this in my cemetery:

Beetlejuice Tombstone.jpg

I got it off amazon, it's about only 2 feet tall, even though it's listed as the "large" one. I would've preferred one that was the same size as in the movie, but my foam sculpting skills are no where near good enough.
(I thought it was on the expensive side when I bought it, but I just checked amazon now, and wow, did that price go up.)

I did make a couple modifications, the area under the wings of the middle demon was the same color gray as the rest of the tombstone, so everything kind of blended together. I didn't want to cut the foam away in that area and risk the wings getting broken, so I just painted it black to help the top demon visually 'pop'.
And the lettering and arrow were originally a darker, blood red which was hard to read at night, even with it lit up, so I painted over it with some red UV paint and shine a black light spot light on it to give it a nice glow effect.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts