Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Flying Crank Ghost for the first time this year. I have it mounted inside for now (away from bad weather), but plan to move it outside for Halloween. I just put up a mount for it. I am a little concerned about how visible all the hardware will be, particularly when you get close up. If it's a full moon this or any other Halloween, that will be alot of light.

I'm interested in any ideas for hiding or disguising the hardware, which will be attached to the mount shown in the pictures below.

thanks!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
161 Posts
Is this where you plan to always have your FCG? If so, I'd get spray paint the color of your house and paint the bracket and the mechanism that color. It should 'disappear' against that background.

Ron

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This means that all your hardware can be extremely far away.
That's a good thought. I have the "two peaks" of my roofline, I suppose I could get a new mount design that puts all the hardware up higher, in between the first and second roof peaks. It would still be out in the open, but higher up and hopefully less visible.

I'd get spray paint the color of your house and paint the bracket and the mechanism that color.

Ron
That's a little hard to do because of the two tone (white/ tan). That's why I went with white on the part attached to the house, black on the rest. If that does not work, I have some extra housepaint I could re-do it with...

Thanks for both the suggestions!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts