Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've made a witch hat using a plain paper mache craft hat (photos attached--iPhone3 in pic for scale); it's smaller than a full size hat and larger than a fascinator. Consequently, it is somewhat heavy. I'm looking for ideas for a way to attach it so that it doesn't fall off. It will be perched sorta to the side, so it needs to be pretty secure. Any suggestions would be great!

Attachments

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,081 Posts
Is this for wearing on your own head? If so, then I'd suggest something like a headband, and popping some small holes through it (two on each side, after figuring out exactly how you want it to sit on your head and the headband) and then sewing it onto the headband. Or you could go old school and use hat pins (long thin stabby looking things that were used to secure hats into your hair). You could also attempt to sew in some hair combs

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's going to be worn (with a wig), similar to the attached photo. I'm trying to avoid a chin starp, but the weight might decide for me. It's 8 oz, which seems light, but it's heavy for a fascinator. Gravity will win this battle. rub-49874-black-mini-witch-hat-with-black-velvet-bow-and-jeweled-buckle-700.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts