Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am building a pop which crawls on all fours. There are certain parts of his body that I am too lazy to do so I am thinking draping cheese cloth or what ever. My question is, what is the best way to drap cloth to make it look scary. If you have had success with other materials, what were they and how did you use them?

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Deathtouch, if he's life-size, why not buy him a shirt and pants from a thrift store? I'd get ones that were cotton, that way they would shred easily and take paint. After shredding and putting holes in it, put in the washer and then dryer to really trash it. Then paint parts of it with black, brown for dirt and red if blood is in the plan. Maybe glue some moss, raffia or fake vines on it so he looks like he just crawled up out of the ground and through the brush in the cemetery.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, he is fulled size. That is a good idea. Have you had alot of experience with doing that? Any pictures to give me ideas?

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Here are a couple costumes that I have distressed. The Zombies were made with white long underwear shirts and pants that I sprayed with my airbrush in black, brown and red. A regular brush would have worked. Then I sat in front of the TV and cut, tore and ripped up 2 fannel shirts and 2 sets of overalls. I threw those in the washer and drier and that really frayed the fabric. Those all got painted, too. There was supposed to be vines and moss on this costume, but I think time got away.

I now use one of the shirts for a Zombie that is reaching through the wall. I cut the back of the shirt and staple it to one side of the bathroom and the front and arm along with a monster hand are mounted on the other side of the wall in the bathroom itself.

The Grave Diggers shawls are frayed at the bottom and the skirt is shredded, washed and dried.

Burlap is good for shredding, but it has a particular odor that is O.K. for props but maybe not so much for costumes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts