Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen lots of projects on here that use latex and I was wondering if anyone could tell me the best kind to buy for use in doing like a rotting corpse or something like that! Please help I wanna get started right away be am VERY NEW to all of this!!! LOL

·
Banned
535 Posts
Monstermakers.com has rd-407 thats what i use for props. They cant ship latex when weather is below freezing though.

32 oz. $12.50
Gallon $39.95

·
Registered
629 Posts
For my projects, I use the carpet latex that you can buy at any Home Depot. No shipping required:D

·
Registered
363 Posts
so I used to get my latex from Dick Blicks but they decided to stop carring it.

My search was on!

Would you believe I went to Menards, Home Depot and Lowes and none of them had any Idea what carpet Latex was! :O

I ended up ordering Latex from Cementex Latex Corp on Amazom.com

Cementex Latex Corp. @ Amazon.com:

The kind I got was for latex mask molds and is way too runny :(

I'm curious of what consistancy I should get next time?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I went to home depot and got this stuff I am gonna see how it works tonight. This will be my first time making anything so we will see! If anyone has any experiance with this stuff please let me know also!!!!

ROBERTS 6700 Premium Indoor/Outdoor Carpet Adhesive, Solvent Free, Superior Water Resistance, Gallon, 4/Case - 6700-1 at The Home Depot

I hope the link works!

I just used this stuff. Its not bad. Make sure you wear gloves. Plus work kinda fast. Its starts to dry and you can end up pulling it off. Also I had my corpses sitting in front of a fan for two days and they were still sticky until I add stain that it took the stickiness away. 2008 Corpse Project.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just used this stuff. Its not bad. Make sure you wear gloves. Plus work kinda fast. Its starts to dry and you can end up pulling it off. Also I had my corpses sitting in front of a fan for two days and they were still sticky until I add stain that it took the stickiness away. 2008 Corpse Project.
I used it to try to make a skin covered spell book and it was very thick to work with so I tried to water it down a little and it did not work to well and it was wet FOREVER also! I am just gonna have to buy some Latex! LOL or see if I can find something different.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts