Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be using a lot of cheesecloth to decorate around my apartment this year. What types/grades look best around rooms? I'll be tearing the cloth to use as bandages for some props, using some strands to make a bloody curtain, and others to drape over large furniture. I'd also like to tea-dye some of the cloth to age it.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Cheesecloth can come with different # of threads per inch but I think it comes down to what you want to use it for. Some are almost like a linen while others are just the opposite and have large openings. Walk in Joann Fabrics if there is one near you. They usually have a few different weaves and everytime I go in they are on sale. I never see it for more than $1.00 a yard. Last time I went in I picked up 8 yards for .50 a yard. Not bad.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,279 Posts
To me, the best type of cheesecloth is the cheapest. :eek:

I know they sell it in all sorts of weaves and thread counts, but honestly, even if it's the cheap stuff, it's just fine - it tears easily, soaks up whatever dye/paint effect you want if for and since it's cheap you can buy TONS of it and use it everywhere. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts