Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
HELLoween Ubber Lord
2,681 Posts
Pending size you need to cut, hack saw & a mitter box for big stuf & they have snipes for pvc from 1" & down make it quick.

·
Keeper of Spider Hill
1,745 Posts
I use my metal chop saw and it works great. If you have a power miter saw with a fine tooth blade, reversing the blade will do a nice job on plastic pipe. If you have neither and are on a budget, I'd suggest a manual miter box with a fine toothed handsaw. Still cuts pretty quick and will always give you straight cuts. can be found at Home Depot and are relatively inexpensive. :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
I use a jig saw. You have to push kind of hard to get it started, but it works well enough for me. Pretty quick too, so it works well if you have a lot of cuts to make.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Ratcheting cutter for 1" or less and hacksaw for bigger stuff like dark lord said. If you use a power chop saw make the cuts quick and smooth. If you cut down slow it will tend to melt the pvc.

·
Capt o' the Mourning Star
600 Posts
I used my power miter and it worked great!

·
Registered
591 Posts
There is a tool for cutting PVC at home depot,Lowe's etc. or you can use a chop saw if you have one.or I have used a reciprocating saw. Not the most exact but works.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Jig Saw. In fact I was a-cutting PVC today for my fence line. Sometimes the edges are a bit rough or the cut isn't exactly square, but I don't need that for this project.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts