Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious if there is a guide for the perfect time to hit the 50%+ discounts for many of the stores. I always hit Spirit November 1st. But what about places like Michael's which is sold out by Nov 1st, or Kirkland, or the big box stores? When are those perfect times without having to drive to each one every day to figure it out?

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,401 Posts
Now is when to shop for discounts everywhere.

Most stores are already in Christmas mode (with the exception being Spirit) & ditching Halloween now with 50% off or more. You'll find plenty of candy & costumes left, but when it comes to all the other decor, props, party stuff, you can get some good deals right now.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
I'm debating taking Nov 1st off to hit stores but I'm not sure how much the discounts are the day after Halloween, (if it's worth taking the day off)....We're going out this weekend so I'll check prices then but I would be surprised if they are doing big discounts yet....Does anyone know how much of a discount Spirit Halloween does Nov 1?.....I'll probably start hoarding lighting this year....I noticed Home Depot had a good bit of lighting left over last year....ZR

·
Registered
558 Posts
I'm debating taking Nov 1st off to hit stores but I'm not sure how much the discounts are the day after Halloween, (if it's worth taking the day off)....We're going out this weekend so I'll check prices then but I would be surprised if they are doing big discounts yet....Does anyone know how much of a discount Spirit Halloween does Nov 1?.....I'll probably start hoarding lighting this year....I noticed Home Depot had a good bit of lighting left over last year....ZR
everything is online now a days especially when it goes really cheap the current Lowe’s ad ends tomorrow and most everything already is 50 percent off so it might go 75 percent off tomorrow. Also usually Home Depot is like the 6 th of November when everything goes either 75 or 90 percent off. I really don’t know about target but they go 90 percent off too but make sure you go every day because their customer service is terrible and won’t know what sales are going also targets 90 percent off for example is usually in store only. Cvs is I believe currently on sale same with Walmart online

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,328 Posts
I went to Spirit last year, 3:00 PM Oct. 31st. for their big discount sale. Virtually everything was packed up. I DID score a jug of fog juice for 50%. Big whoop....

·
Registered
92 Posts
I know Michael's has been 50% off Halloween for at least a week. They usually have the Halloween stuff gone by Halloween.

Lowe's is already doing some sort of discount, not 50%, but I got a few bulbs there last week.

I don't think Home Depot does it until after, but you can get some great deals. I got a lot of string lights for 99 cents last year.

Walgreens has really good clearance sales, it goes up to 90% off on about Nov 6. I got some of the 5' skeletons for $4 each two years ago.
You can track which stores have certain items in stock and how many through their website.

Walmart usually has some great sales too, I think 75% off the week after.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Last year I took Nov 1 off to wait in line at Spirit for 50% off. I got there an hour early - and was the only person there. Chatted with the store manager when he got there. One other guy showed up. Since there were only two of us the manager left us in 10 minutes early. I scored a Jack Skellington animatronic in the box for my wife, large hi-end stacked JoL prop and a few other items. Definitely worth it.
I also got some items from Home Depot at half off last year including the full size skeleton horse and a motorcycle riding reaper. I got those 2 days before Halloween.

·
Registered
143 Posts
If you've had your eye on non-candy at Walgreens, now is probably the time to shop. I scooped up the last of the 5 foot skeletons that are b1g1 and on clearance. Various other orange stickers tempted me but I wanted to use my points before that changes.

·
Registered
46 Posts
There is no physical store but Grandin Road/Halloween Haven is a great place to hit when the prices start to drop. Granted, they have a LOT of dropping to do, lol, to make them reasonable but I have gotten some great stuff from them post Halloween at very reasonable prices.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Joann fabrics has some decent deals right now and they’ll let you use a coupon most of the time. They might be pretty well picked over by now, however 😢 I was there about 2 weeks ago and Halloween stuff was shoved into one aisle and tons of Christmas stuff everywhere. I love Christmas (not nearly as much as Halloween, though), don’t get me wrong, but can’t they wait till November 1st to put it out? Lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts