Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else here play video games? What's y'all's favorites?

My favorite franchise is Fatal Frame. Scares the crap out of me even though I've played through the first two several times by now. The atmosphere is so heavy. I played the first Fatal Frame when I was 16 and boy... I literally took the game, put it in it's box, wrapped it in a towel, put the towel in a cardboard box, and put it in my garage. Scared the absolute s**t outta me.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,004 Posts
Loved Fatal Frame - I have the entire series. Really cool concept and beautiful graphics and overall it was quite deliciously scary.

Silent Hill - ditto - I believe I did replay each to get the different endings as well (might have missed one or two) This is my fave horror survival series mostly due to the fact that the got progressively more immersive - the sound effects alone were enough to set my heart racing - loved playing this in the dark and hearing those sirens go off as the screen melted to the nightmare realm.

Resident Evil - check, but I hated the voice acting and the plots tended to be kind of lame and game play was sooooo clunky. Great overall but not nearly as scary or even good as Silent Hill.

Clocktower - I really liked the games, but they were such a pain to play - frustrating. Clocktower 3 tested my limits, I wanted to take out the disk and run over it with a car...

Loved Alone In The Dark. It's been forever since I've played it tho so foggy on the details.

Really weird and yet addictive game I remember for computers was one called Phantasmagoria - clunky to play but the plotlines were super bizarre and creepy as anything.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Friday the 13th the game ? because, who doesn't like Jason? :p

Five Night's At Freddy's is also pretty good, even though I'm not a "fan". It's not as scary, but just fun
to play.

I'm still waiting for when they make a Michael Myers survival game.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I lump the Friday the 13th game in with FNAF. Neither are particularly scary but they're lots of fun to play, especially F13's multiplayer.

Also I liked the Juon game for the Wii but it played a bit too cartoony for my tastes. I wish Sony or Microsoft would put out a legit game for the franchise with serious graphics.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I personally loathe the massive FNAF overhype that's been going on for the past three years. It's certainly nothing personal against the game's developer or the fans, but I never understood why that game was considered remotely scary. :(

I'm not into video games myself, but I'll contribute here. It's not horror survival, though if you're a fan of slasher characters then Terrordrome may be up your alley. It's not the best game ever since it's an independent game that you can download for your PC from the internet, but it's a lot of fun since you can play different slasher characters against each other and even play against the same character. :cool:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Until Dawn- the graphics and storylines were fun, and I definitely liked the butterfly effect of each players' actions. I saw they had a sequel but it requires a VR setup and it didn't seem too heavy on developed storylines or actors like the first ( the first had Hayden Panettiere , Rami Malek and others voice the characters). I want to play the new Friday the 13th that came out after a crowdfunding campaign last year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts