Halloween Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love going to concerts (mostly rock/metal concerts). The most recent being Ghost from Sweden. If you haven't heard of them do so! They're amazing! My question is have you been to a concert that has evoked the Halloween spirit? Maybe it was one song or the whole concert experience. I can account one other band that had a creepy enviorment where I was completely mesmorized and genuinely spooked (Watain). This upcoming September I'm going to see Carach Angren who are a black metal band with a knack for telling great scary tales. Can't wait to hear your concert/music experiences!

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
I am 67 yrs. old I would become enthused about seeing some group "live"make plans, go, or not, and every time something would happen to them and there would be no performance.
"Huey and the Babysitters, Vanilla fudge, Steve Dahl & Gary Meir (Steve broke his leg in front of the venue on the curb.)
I decided I must be bad luck for bands.
I was invited to Dark Theater's show, I went. They had a real Vampire there from Boston? She would such her boyfriend's blood as they were in bed together, she had a far away look in her eyes and went through a number of boy friends in a year's time.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am an old goth. i have been to many goth shows, so yes. It would be pretty hard for me to pick out what the the spookiest though.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Seen Rob Zombie a few times, I wouldn't say his concert are spooky but they are horror related and always a good time. Saw Ghost in May, they are amazing . Gonna see Slipknot and Marilyn Mason in July I'm looking forward to them :)

·
Registered
162 Posts
I don't know if it would be considered "spooky" but definitely the most entertaining Halloween concert I went to was Rob Zombie and Alice Cooper with Murderdolls opening. With Rob's set being full of horror film imagery and creatures.. then Alice having all of his theatrical deaths on stage it was a great Halloween show.

And as others have mentioned on here... Ghost is fantastic live!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I love going to concerts (mostly rock/metal concerts). The most recent being Ghost from Sweden. If you haven't heard of them do so! They're amazing! My question is have you been to a concert that has evoked the Halloween spirit? Maybe it was one song or the whole concert experience. I can account one other band that had a creepy enviorment where I was completely mesmorized and genuinely spooked (Watain). This upcoming September I'm going to see Carach Angren who are a black metal band with a knack for telling great scary tales. Can't wait to hear your concert/music experiences!
I like concerts too, but unfortunately this coronavirus forced to cancel all the concerts I wanted to attend

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dude, I totally get it, concerts like this are really mesmerizing. These bands are so cool playing guitars and drums, and the lyrics are so intimidating that it's like being at a Halloween carnival. By the way, I know the band Watain, they are very cool and I love their creativity. Who didn't know it is a Swedish black metal band founded in 1998 in Uppsala and their vocalist/bass-guitarist Erik Danielsson founded this musical group. But you know what else I like about this band, they once ordered a scene from outdoor mobile stage hire and it was in the form of a transformer trailer. Cool stuff, isn't it?

·
Registered
671 Posts
Alice Cooper. Saw him twice in mid '80s. Maybe The Nightmare Returns and Constrictor? First was '85ish. Old Boston Garden, I think. Could have been Woostah Centrum. My first real concert. Hair-band metal sucked in the '80s, and was, to my mind, the worst musical era of the last fifty years, at least. But Alice Cooper (Vincent Furnier?) was not one of them (though he got lumped into that genre). He had some fine songs, and a greatest hits album in 1973. Definitely a Halloweeny act. Guillotines, what have you. I think he usually had some set piece on each of those two tours where he got executed.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Planning to see Ministry (Every Day is Halloween) KMFDM & Front Line Assembly in Philadelphia this July. That is unless the event gets canceled due to Covid 19

·
Registered
393 Posts
First ......
Love Ghost 👻 (Papa 2 was my favorite) as someone who went to Catholic school for 12 years I can appreciate their schtick, although I have yet to see them. Although it wasn't really spooky I saw W.A.S.P. some years ago...Blackie Lawless drank " blood"
out of a skull...so that was kinda cool 🤘

1 - 17 of 17 Posts