Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Which is the best Spider-Webbing to use? I have used Walmart's brand in the past but no longer shop their stores. I have a bag from Spirit Halloween that was a year old and it just fell apart when trying to stretch it. I assume it's age kind of damaged it I guess? I have used Spirit Halloween's before and liked it. But what are your favorite brands or stores to buy webbing from? Thanks for the help! Happy haunting!

Typical Ghoul Next Door
I don't use a specific brand. I go by feel of the webbing. You want to get the stuff that feels like a cheap scratchy polyester sweater, not the silky smooth stuff. I usually tear a small hole in a bag if I can't find one already torn to double check the type. The silky stuff is worthless and won't stretch well, but the scratchy stuff is the best and will stretch out well and hold its shape over several weeks.

I've found it at Walgreens, Target, CVS, etc... just double check what it feels like and you should be fine! :)

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
That's a fantastic tip! I will definitely go by feel from now on, it makes sense too. Thanks! Happy haunting!

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Frankie's girl is correct. We buy at Wagreens. Good stuff. Look at my profile photos. We have been able to stretch it from our two story deck to the ground.
Awesome! Good to know, thanks for commenting! I will definitely be following Frankie's Girl's method and checking out Walgreens webbing!

Registered
We use a hot glue web gun for our house. It looks really good and with all the different colors you can make it glow whatever you want. But man, it sure is messy. My wife gets crazy with it some years. Lol

Lighthearted Halloween
I don't use a specific brand. I go by feel of the webbing. You want to get the stuff that feels like a cheap scratchy polyester sweater, not the silky smooth stuff. I usually tear a small hole in a bag if I can't find one already torn to double check the type. The silky stuff is worthless and won't stretch well, but the scratchy stuff is the best and will stretch out well and hold its shape over several weeks.

I've found it at Walgreens, Target, CVS, etc... just double check what it feels like and you should be fine! :)
I am laughing at all the bags of silky web left behind in the stores with holes in the bags in 2015. ;)

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
We use a hot glue web gun for our house. It looks really good and with all the different colors you can make it glow whatever you want. But man, it sure is messy. My wife gets crazy with it some years. Lol
Will they stain or anything? I rent my apartment and they have very strict guidelines here due to the building being part of the historical society.

Registered
It doesn't really stain, but it does make a pretty good size mess to clean up. And has pulled some paint off our wood trim on the outside of the house. If you're in an apartment I don't know that it would be a good rout to go. But it sure does look good.

Registered
I usually just buy the cheap dollar store stuff because I use so much and it's only for general ambience. But this year I want to do a huge spider web/spider colony in the front yard. The problem is if you put it up and it rains/snows before Halloween, it's a gloppy mess and you have to redo it. Not a big deal most years but this year I'll have to invest in some better stuff if I can find it.

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
It doesn't really stain, but it does make a pretty good size mess to clean up. And has pulled some paint off our wood trim on the outside of the house. If you're in an apartment I don't know that it would be a good rout to go. But it sure does look good.
I'll have to save it until we move into our house. Thanks for letting me know! I definitely don't mind the clean up, especially if it looks awesome!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts