Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have four- count 'em - FOUR "new" thrift store old skool Shiatsu massagers.

What to do? What to do?

I'd like to concentrate my outdoor display this year - working with a smaller footprint rather than a big cemmie spread out across the front lawn. So I'd like to have a smaller area with lots to look at with lots of animation. My one existing Shiatsu prop is an old lady with glowing green eyes lurching back and forth in an antique wooden wheel chair.

Shiatsu suggestions?

·
Registered
566 Posts
Yep, J-Man is correct. Zombie ground breaker would be a good choice. I have made one and also a skeleton reaching out of a ground breaker coffin. It is similar to the zombie ground breaker but it is a skeleton in a ground breaker coffin. Hummm....I think I said that one already.:D

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I am thinking of a collection of GBs in a mini-cemmie and maybe a large moving spider atop a tombstone. What's the best way to get maximum range of movement from a Shiatsu? Whenever I rig up a prop - the movement is there- but minimal.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I think people underestimate the power of the shiatsu. They don't all have to be ground breakers. They are easy to disassembly and add shafting to give your self two very powerful rotating mechanisms. I built this pumpkin ghoul last year from a shiatsu.

This year I've started this evil clown using a shiatsu.

And I've started work on a prop with rats rummaging thru popcorn for my Carnevil theme this year.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Bosco
Great utilization of the shiatsu. Seems like everyone gets them at Goodwill or the like all the time. I have never ever seen one in all my trips to Goodwill.
Like J man I'm loving the pumpkin critter.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Bosco,
Would love to see some details on the Pumpkin Ghoul build if you have any. Thanks!
I don't have much on a build, but here is a video of the mechanism. It is a basic zombie crawler but I added the head lift with a hinge on the PVC. His head is a funkin that I added texture with latex and cotton strips. The pumpkin guts are gray creepy cloth that I dipped into latex with real pumpkin seeds. The controller is the fourbanger with a PIR that doesn't work all that well as shown in the video. I used a small hamburger speaker for the sound.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I have many shaitsu, but also the foot massager and the pillow massagers also work well. My wife had to hide her shiatsu because she caught me eyeing it. I usually grab them for 3-4 bucks, sometimes free. The heated ones i will disassemble and remove the heating elements. I have become an expert at taking them apart and modifying them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts