Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to get and give some opinions on the best brand of rechargeable flicker candles on the market.

I know that many of you use the dollar store battery powered LED flicker votive, but I ran across some great rechargeable LED candles at my local Target and am extremely pleased with the amount of light and amount of flicker they offer.

They're called Amerelle CandleLite candles and run about $25 for 6 (so roughly $4 per).

Now I know that most of you will say "Four bucks per candle!" but after using them last year and again this year, I'm only 2 years away from getting them down to the same price you can get the disposables from the dollar store. And after 2010, they'll be free! I use them throughout the year, so they've already paid for themselves, but I figured I'd just give that as an example.;)

On the flip side, I bought some similar candles from the Sharper Image, and they were more expensive (even though I got them on sale) and by comparison, they suck. Not as realistic, not as much flicker, very orange in color.

I just finished buying another dozen on ebay (since my local Target doesn't have them this year and I have a ton of PVC candles to fill this year).

Does anyone else have any good or bad LED candle experiences they care to share?

·
Registered
196 Posts
I picked up a pack of LED votives from Home Depot this weekend. I don't know the brand-name off hand, but they came as a six-pack with a recharging base for $20.

They're crap. At least, in terms of the reliability. Right out of the box, one doesn't work, and one can't be turned off. 4/6 work correctly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts