Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy everyone,

Surprisingly I only have one skeleton in my entire haunt. I had another one but it was crappy and fell apart. What is the best/most durable pose n stay skeleton that you have and where did you get it? I'm trying to hunt one down.

-James

·
Registered
401 Posts
Well, I just got one at Walmart (see the post Mr. Skeleton Takes a Ride) and it seems durable enough. It stood up to a five-mile high-speed motorcycle ride home from the store all right. And it was only $29, which is why I jumped on it as soon as I saw it. The five-footers they had at Spirit Halloween were $50, (which is still more than Walmart even if you apply one of Spirit's awesome 20 percent off periodic coupons) and there really didn't seem to be much difference in quality.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Unfortunately for you, I bought mine waaay back in 2000 at CVS (I think). I'm not sure of the brand anymore, but he's been durable if you handle him with care. Some of the 'teeth' in the moveable joints have cracked, but super glue is still holding it together. I suppose if I hadn't allowed my daughter to go biking with him, it would have been otherwise better preserved. ;)

Aub&BonesNJ.jpg

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
I have two from Target and CVS that are exactly the same as the ones sold at Costco a couple of years back. They have held up great, even being out for weeks in the Texas sun. I love them! I have a few more that I got from Home Depot that get the job done but I don't love them like the others. They feel a bit flimsy, the heads don't turn, and the facial details aren't as pronounced as the others. I paid around $30 for each of them but the ones from CVS/Target have gone up since I bought them. They run around $40 now I think.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I got mine at Target this year and I am happy with it. He's only been out in the sun for about 2 weeks and so far, no issues.
I'm guessing and hoping to get a few good years out of him. I got it when they had a sale and I paid $30 for mine but I believe they are $40 regular price at Target. Oh, mine does not have eyes that light up, if that is important to you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts