Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is the right place to post this but here goes...........................

I'm thinking of popping over to Boston next Tuesday until the weekend and was wondering if anybody can recommend some good places for props aside from the usual Walmart, Target, Walgreens etc.?

Also, I'd like to do some touring to see any good displays that people know of? Sort of looking 50 miles or so of the city if that helps?

Lastly, any suggestions of what I can see outside of the city - I'm really into nature and countryside/mountains and haven't had time to do any research as it's a last minute idea! Also not sure if there are any areas to avoid (being a tourist)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The halloween outlet in Worcester Ma is a great store, or google Spirit locations. Anything in Boston is fun, and plenty of urban hiking.

·
Registered
87 Posts
You could see if they have anything at Newbury Comics at Faneuil Hall. They have some neat stuff during the year and may have Halloween items this time of year.

·
Soccer and Lacrosse Dad
1,767 Posts
I don't know MA well but I would try reaching Nancy at Halloween Asylum. You can pm her on the forum as HalloweenAsylum.com as she is an active member. If she has a store front, I think it would be a great place to visit and buy props.

http://www.halloweenasylum.com/
Halloween Asylum
34-40 Front Street
PO Box 51303
Indian Orchard, MA 01151 US

877-827-9586

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Many thanks all for your responses. I've been a bit tied up since last week trying to get things done for me to get away.

Sadly though it's looking unlikely I'll be able to get over now this week. My wife works for a large airline so we get free flights, but they are on a standby basis (so if there are spare seats we fly, if there are not we cry!) and although there are lots of seats on Tuesday and Wednesday flying to Boston, there are very few coming back from Friday until at least the middle of next week. I've also looked at flying out of NY but even though they operate 5 flights a day, there are hardly any seats left! It's our autumn school holidays this week so maybe there are a lot of Brits flying back before school restarts next Monday.

But I'll bare this in mind for next year and aim to come over a week or so earlier.

Again, thanks all for the info.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts