Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used a screen door cylinder last year and it worked alright except where I had the air inlet nozzle epoxied in was getting loose toward the end of the season. So this year I was thinking about going to an actual air cylinder. I have a 3 way solenoid switch and I am not going to get a new one. So I need a single action cylinder. I have looked online and I was wondering which sites have the best prices. Could I use a double action and plug one end and just let the weight of the prop bring the cylinder back down? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I always use Ebay, or if you're in Canada, go to Princess Auto. Look for Bimba cylinders.

You can use a double acting cylinder with a 3 way valve - no problem. Just use gravity to reset the prop, as you suggested. I use this method in at least three of my props.

·
You Rang?
1,079 Posts
I've used ebay and Monster Guts.

E-bay is fine if you have the time to wait for the right sized cylinder to come up for auction, and go through the bidding process hopefully win and then have it shipped.

Monster Guts gives you a reasonable price and you can pick exactly what you want/need with a little less hassle.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great info guys. I just talked to Dean over at Monster Guts. Nice guy, great help. I will probably go with them. I think I might go with the double action because it is not a long wait for special orders and I think the prop reset will be smoother and less violent than having a spring pull it back. Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts