Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
well, hobby shops and hardware stores often have piano wire. It would be near the small metals section where you get hallow brass tubing.
Usually comes in 12" to 36" lengths - if you need more than that I'm not sure - cheap guitar strings from music store?

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,328 Posts
Have you thought of using high tensile monofilament fishing line? Cheap, hard to see, virtually unbreakable and length - unlimited.

·
Banned
337 Posts
Axworthy? Anything that length will contract and expand with temperature changes. That's just physics. Braided high test fishing line is your best bet.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I guess it would depend on what you plan on using it for. If it's about that noisy party I had the other night, I already said "sorry". LOL

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I might try the braided fishing line route. I have a feeling this will be under a higher than normal tension plus it will turn 90 degrees twice and will be moving back and forth rapidly within two eye hooks which is why I wanted something that definitely wouldn't break half way through Halloween night. The lines will be hidden under a shirt so visibility is a non-issue.

·
Registered
436 Posts
The best place to find piano wire is...........in a piano, of course. Sorry....I couldnt resist..... LOL

·
Registered
109 Posts
The picture hanging wire is not designed for any kind of motion. It's only good in a static use like a picture hanging on the wall.

I've tried it a couple of times for things and it just breaks after a few bends... I can pretty much guarantee this will not work and is not worth trying...

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The picture hanging wire is not designed for any kind of motion. It's only good in a static use like a picture hanging on the wall.

I've tried it a couple of times for things and it just breaks after a few bends... I can pretty much guarantee this will not work and is not worth trying...
I can see what you mean. I did pick some up yesterday and for what I am using it for, it's working but it does break pretty easy. I'm sure I will end up replacing it before Halloween.

Thanks guys!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts