Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should I do a haunted house at a house with a smaller yard, but that is in a large neighborhood, or a house with a large yard that only has a few neighbors?

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
How long have you been haunting? Do you currently have a haunt and what kind of props etc do you have?
In a larger neighbourhood, you are likely to get more TOT's, obviously. and small haunts can be very effective if they are well thought out and presented.

With a larger haunt in a smaller neighbourhood, you would have to consider the additional work and expense involved in buying or making a lot more props so it didn't look too sparse, and don't forget all those props have to be stored somewhere in the "off season". Offset that against the (probable) lower number of visitors and ask yourself if it is worth it.

If you consider that it is...then go for it! I know most of us here would love more space for our haunts.

Just my two pennyworth..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How long have you been haunting? Do you currently have a haunt and what kind of props etc do you have?
In a larger neighbourhood, you are likely to get more TOT's, obviously. and small haunts can be very effective if they are well thought out and presented.

With a larger haunt in a smaller neighbourhood, you would have to consider the additional work and expense involved in buying or making a lot more props so it didn't look too sparse, and don't forget all those props have to be stored somewhere in the "off season". Offset that against the (probable) lower number of visitors and ask yourself if it is worth it.

If you consider that it is...then go for it! I know most of us here would love more space for our haunts.

Just my two pennyworth..

Ive never done a haunt before but i have some props. i think im going to go with my backyard (the bigger one) and try to advertise because we only have 3 TOTs every year. also im building the actual structure out of wood and have open parts too.

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
Best of luck, whichever way you decide to go.

I think a lot of us do our haunts just for the sheer pleasure of doing them. We do them for ourselves. A good number of TOT's Is just an added bonus really.

If you've just started haunting, you'll get some great ideas and advice from many talented people here on HF who are only too pleased to help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts