Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somebody is running a Thread asking where's the best place to spend Hallowe'en. Here's another question; Who would you most want to work in YOUR Haunted House?

For me, that's a No-Brainer. Rick Baker. He's won six Academy Awards for Best Make Up, and has done stuff like, An American Werewolf in London, Michael Jackson's Thriller, The Howling, The Nutty Professor, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Gorillas in the Mist, Harry and the Hendersons, and on and on and on... Plus, he'd have all kinds of contacts in the Industry, for lighting, sound, whatever.

Just think of the show you could put on.

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
Freddy, Jason, Michael Meyers, oh and Edward Cullin, just cause you know....he's adorable. Ok Ok I know you were looking for real people, but hey they all could be real:) Anyway if I had all of these guys heck Id have the best Haunt in town. Oh and of course the classics like Frankie, the Mummy, and Old Drac. He and Edward might have something to talk about:)

·
Don't Drink and Fly!!
2,959 Posts
Vincent Price and Lon Chaney, Jr. Oh yeah, and Wes Craven. And John Carpenter. OOH, OOH, and James Whale. OK, I'll stop now. :eek:

·
Undaunted Haunter
1,627 Posts
I would love to be able to get my teenage kids more interested so they would help me. Several years ago they did a great job. That was before they got cars and jobs and boy/girlfriends. But they would be my first choice, just like Toetag said.

·
Super Moderator
5,735 Posts
My oldest is just old enough to really start being helpful as an actor. Our second has been helping with props since he could talk, seems to just innately KNOW what's going on there.

I look forward to their service for years, and dread the days they discover cars, jobs, and girls...

With any luck, though, they'll just bring the girls over to help out as well. :) (I can dream)

·
Undaunted Haunter
1,627 Posts
It's my own fault the kids don't help me. When they were very young and WANTED to help, I was too much the perfectionist to let them help paint, or cut, or anything much. They slowly lost interest. Then they got old enough to help scare people, but wanted to still trick or treat with friends. Then they got the jobs, cars, etc. Funny thing is, their girlfriends have all offered to come help me. Maybe this year...

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
There's a whole stack of great people right here on HF that I would love to haunt with...
Got to give a big thumbs up to my son Jason though. despite being 19 years old now, the girls and cars and music get put to the side for a few days every october to help the old man out as he knows how much Halloween means to me..he even coerces a few of his mates to do the same.
..Love ya son!:D:D

·
Registered
725 Posts
Doug Jones.. Silver Surfer, Abe Sapien, Faun and Pale Man (pans labyrinth). I am a little biased with that response because I met the guy, but the roles he has played speak for themselves to how visual of an actor he can be. On top of that, he has got to be one of the nicest guys I have ever met. If you could convince him to do it, I am sure it would be a lot of fun to work with him.

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Unorthodox, your post really brings back some memories for me.. My two older, grown-up kids were an integral part of the Haunt when they were younger. And now my daughter Valerie, 10 years old next week, is helping with building and painting props. Has been for the past three years. It's a great way to bond with the kids, good for you, Buddy!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts