Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologize in advance if there is already a thread about this, I tried the search function a couple of times to try and hunt something down as I figured this question has been asked before. Anyway, what is a fairly easy to use prop controller that will work with most AC electric devices? Example: I have an electric chair that I would like to trigger that has a strobe and speakers/mp3 player hooked into it (both AC). I would like to trigger the chair for about 10-15 seconds and then have it cut off and go completely black, then a few seconds later trigger a red floodlight and have the actor pop up at the unsuspecting victims. I have been looking at the picoBoo, but am trying to figure out if you could use the lower end picoBoos to run such a setup, or you'd have to go for the105.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply, I guess if you wanted to go with the 103 or 104 that you'd have to do a relay of some sort to trigger the AC? I'll probably end up just going the 105 route, unless there is another controller that would work better.

·
You Rang?
1,079 Posts
You can use 120V with the 104 and 103. they are rated for upto 125 V @ 10 amps, The difference is you have to wire them directly. Basically you cut the hot (black)wire and run it to the common and then from the NO contact to the prop. the neutral (white or fat plug side) goes directly to the prop. Since you have exposed connection you need to use more caution and care.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts