Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all!

So I'm face with moving again and part of my 'wish list' is to find an area where Halloween is taken a bit more to the extreme when it comes to home/yard displays. For instance, Alameda, California is awesome for Halloween. There are blocks after blocks of folks really going all out with their yards and homes.

So is there a resource that lists which neighborhoods rank high in this department? I know Zillow has their ToT Index page but I'm looking for a bit more personal contribution to some major list that may exist somewhere? :)

Any ideas? I'm currently looking to move to the Seattle Washington area.

:cool:

·
Registered
703 Posts
I think if you can just find a neighborhood that has ToT on Oct 31st, you'll do just fine. Other then that I cant be much help here on the east coast. Best of luck.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I think OctoberDream is heading in the right direction, does the town set a day and time for "Halloween", be real careful with a HOA and maybe check with police dept, what are the busiest streets on 10/31 in their town. but perfect world would be 1st hand from HF leaving in settle area. just advance from another eastcoaster.

·
Super Moderator
5,812 Posts
We asked potential neighbors when we were house shopping how many kids they'd get. I'm sure that sounded wierd from house shoppers in spring...

I didn't particularly care if others decorated or not, though.

·
Rutherford Manor Haunt
2,067 Posts
We did the same when we were house shopping, we asked if there were a lot of kids in the neighborhood, if they got a lot of kids at Halloween. The lady we bought our house from still brings her daughter by for Halloween!

·
Registered
264 Posts
These are all very good ideas. Neighbors, HOA, Police Departments (my neighborhood blocks the street off)...best of luck that you end up with a good area and neighbors that are enthusiastic and/or watchdogs for your props. Growing up, my parents had a modest home haunt but we eventually had some serious competition. The kids would gather because we were a Cinderella house. Any way you do it...keep the spirits alive!

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Sure. "How many trick-or-Treaters ? Lots of Kids? "you buy the house.. small children go missing..... then you have to sell your home-made "Preseves" on-line, so they don't catch you!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts