Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered the Peanuts cutouts from Oriental Trading. What is the best way to hang them on walls? Hole punch the center and hang on a nail? Hole punch and put a ribbon through? Grommet?
My mom would always tape hers up, but they would often fall down, and the tape takes some of the color off when you take the tape off.

I just don't want them to easily rip or have too much pressure from hanging on a nail (if that is a thing with these), but I don't know the best way to go about doing it. Any suggestions? :)

1,252 Posts
I've had a little luck using reusable mounting putty. I can leave a slight grease stain on the paper. And I have had it on old OLD plaster and lath walls take off not the paint but the plaster under the paint. It also doesn't like to stick to some paint.... like the stain dirt resistant types. If you are going to punch a hole in the cutouts then I'd suggest small command strips or hooks. You can pick up the smaller hooks in value packs of 40 for less the $6 at walmart. I've used the small ones to hold up light strings so a cutout would be easy. They are clear, and fairly easy to remove and usually leave no damage.

If punching a hole you can consider adding a piece of invisible tape or hole punch reinforcement stickers on the back side over the hole to give it a bit of added strength.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,607 Posts
I think how & what you hang them with depend on whether or not you want to keep them in mint condition or not.

The Command strips with or without the hooks should work though. You can put a hole in them to use a hook.

If you want to see how anything works (or doesn't work) you could try it all on another comparable piece of cardboard or maybe buy another one of them & just "destroy" it to see what works.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts