Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started my own home haunted house 2 years ago. I am still searching for the best way to create low lying fog in a small area as well as a large indoor and outdoor area. Any ideas on what product is best? CO2? Other?

MSC

·
Registered
47 Posts
Trashcan Fog Chiller then to a dryer vent with holes poked in it, and make sure that surface has water on it from mist or a spray bottle. The water will help the fog stay low. Indoors i prefer fast dissipating fog, the other fogs just end up rising and creating a haze. As for brands look at Froggys Fog, its one of most trusted sources for quality fog and its made in the USA. As for Fog Machines you need to start with what is in your budget. Cheap models suffer from long heat times so they warm up slower and they can only put out so much fog before they need to stop and re heat. The higher the wattage the more output you can get. With out knowing your needs it will be hard to make a suggestion. Also try to get a timer for it (they make them specifically for fog machines) so you don't have to keep pressing the button when you want fog. Make sure your machine is properly calibrated too, don't let it get too hot because it causes some nasty reactions with the fog.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I maintain two Jem ZR33s, 4 Pro v-950s, and two chauvet huricanes. They all work well and do what they are designed to do.

The Chavet and the 950 are basically the same machine. They are VERY easy to maintain and if plugged are very easy to take apart and clean. I have a post on this forum some place that details how to do this.

The Jem is an amazing machine indeed. The problem I run into with them is this. There is no way to take apart the heat exchanger for cleaning. The entire assembly is molded. If you suffer from a complete blockage you will not be able to recover. The heat exchanger runs $340 (US) for replacement. However, all is not lost. We have rigged up a bypass for the pumps so we can run fluid through them without turning on the heating element. Flushing these units with straight simple green works wonders. After flushing for approx 2 minutes, we run fogger fluid through the unit while still bypassing the heating element. Once the simple green has run its course, the unit works like brand new. If needed, I can provide some images of how we accomplished this.

The 950 and the chavets are much easier to deal with. The heat exchanger and pumps are very east to take apart for cleaning.

We use our machines several days a week. I don't care what kind of fluid you use, they (all machines) will plug and output will completely stop. Vinegar and distilled water DOES NOT clear these blocks.

The ZR33 is in a totally different class than the other two foggers mentioned in this post. It is a true continuous fogger. You will not need one of these units if you are fogging a small space indoors. Out of the three units we maintain, I think the 950 with remote, gives the best bang for the buck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts