Halloween Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Resident Potterhead
1,972 Posts
Speaking of drinks... Mariposa, did you finally get to try Starbuck's pumpkin spiced latte? I remember your hubby owing you one!
oh yes, lol. it was freakin delicious. we went back to salina the other day and got another one. cant really taste the pumpkiny of it but its still good.

·
Protector of the winged
1,491 Posts
oh yes, lol. it was freakin delicious. we went back to salina the other day and got another one. cant really taste the pumpkiny of it but its still good.
Good... I'm glad you liked it! Now I should treat myself to one today since I have to clean the house. I feel it's only fair ;)

·
Registered
105 Posts
PSSSSSST........Wanna try my secret Fall drink addiction ?.....Three fingers of spiced rum, 1/2 shot of cinnamon schnaps , fill to to top of rock glass with apple cider. garnish with orange or lemon slice. YUM!!!!

Oh goodness that sounds amazing :) Note to self, buy cinnamon schnapps!

·
Resident Potterhead
1,972 Posts
Good... I'm glad you liked it! Now I should treat myself to one today since I have to clean the house. I feel it's only fair ;)
get one for me while you're at it, ive been all mopey today and i need a good pick me up. closest starbucks is 90 miles away (roughly)

·
Protector of the winged
1,491 Posts
omg... and I thought I lived in the sticks. For the life of me I can't figure out how this small, farm town even has a Starbucks. Yesterday was my day to be mopey... dunno why either. I spent a good portion of the day either on here on laying on the couch. I'll overnight one to you right away!

·
Resident Potterhead
1,972 Posts
i know exactly why im mopey.... and it really really sucks. spent a good portion of the day almost in tears. only thing making it better is my dog.. but some pumpkin spice frap would probably help a lot too. lol

·
Protector of the winged
1,491 Posts
Aww... I'm sorry you can't get rid of that feeling. Dogs (and cats for that matter) are great at helping us through difficult moments. They're so intune to us. If you need to talk... you can always PM me. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
i was gonna say that ya beat me to it..i make it and make it pretty stiff ..one more reason i love this time of year apple orchards and homemade hard cider

·
Resident Potterhead
1,972 Posts
yea, my cat would be my fuzzy happy pill as well except hes hiding out upstairs.... so remus gets to be my prozac for the day.

sorry op for the thread jack. my bad lol

·
Protector of the winged
1,491 Posts
I'm gonna pick up the makings for that apple cider drink tomorrow!! Sounds yummy... ;)

·
Banned
2,717 Posts
I picked up a bottle of this yesterday. I didn't try it yet but my friend did and told me it taste very carbonated. I will still give it a try though.

·
Registered
796 Posts
I wish they would make pumpkin vodka. All I see is Pumpkin ale and Pumpkin beer. I will be getting a bottle of this Pumpkin Cider tomorrow and maybe some spice rum to try it with.
I know its not from a store and i have no idea how it tastes being I don't drink alcohol anymore but here is a recipe I found and thought you might like to try it.....

Try this pumpkin-infused vodka in the Smashing Pumpkin Martini, or use it to invent a holiday cocktail of your own.
The bar at Fifty Seven Fifty Seven in New York City, where it was created, uses a liter-sized Stolichnaya bottle to hold the vodka-pumpkin mixture while it steeps.
Yield:
Fills a one-liter bottle (a scant quart).

1 1/2 cups (750 ml) Stolichnaya cinnamon vodka
3/4 cup (175 ml) Stolichnaya vanilla vodka
3/4 cup (175 ml) Stolichnaya vodka
2 whole vanilla beans
2 cups raw pumpkin meat, cut into 1/4-inch slices

Combine vodkas in bottle or other glass container. Add pumpkin meat and vanilla beans and let sit for 1 week. If necessary, when mixing cocktails strain the vodka as you pour it into the shaker. Consider using toasted pumpkin seeds or some of the vodka-soaked pumpkin as garnish.

·
Banned
2,717 Posts
I'm going to have to find myself a bottle of that somewhere. I know Pinnacle makes a flavor for everything but I didn't know that had one for Pumpkin Pie. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
796 Posts
I'm going to have to find myself a bottle of that somewhere. I know Pinnacle makes a flavor for everything but I didn't know that had one for Pumpkin Pie. Thanks for the heads up.
Go to amazon.com and do s search for pinnacle pumpkin pie vodka that's how I found it..

·
Registered
645 Posts
I wonder how those marshmallows would be in Rice Crispy treats, hmmmmm

For a GREAT fall drink try a glass of warm/hot apple cider with a splash of ginger brandy, you'll thank me later! It's a great warmer upper, stir with a cinnamon stick if you want as well......

·
Banned
2,717 Posts
The Pumpkin vodka I found is awesome. I'm still trying out recipes for the best tasting martini/drink for my party this weekend to make with it. It's hard because I am on this diet so I have someone else tasting for me. I know that sounds boring but when he thinks I'm might like something then I try it. I will have to get another bottle of this pumpkin cider since everyone already drank the first bottle I had.

·
Registered
625 Posts
How much is that pumpkin spiced cider at Aldi's?

I would like to list some fall shakes / drinks I like (my favorite starting at 1) because you got me in mood with this topic: (Before I clicked on the topic, that's what I thought it was).
1. Pumpkin Shake (Mcdonalds) - I think new this year..
2. Caramel Apple Shake (Steak N Shake)
3. In general, Apple Cider -- I think I might want to try that Aldi's one..
4. Fuji Apple Pear from Walmart - by Clear American brand - 0 calories - This tastes very close to Apple Cider, so I will mention it.
5. Dairy Queen Blizzard Pumpkin Pie

21 - 40 of 41 Posts