Halloween Forum banner

21 - 40 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Thank you Thud (I love your name). I used two coats of Drylok on all my tombstones. What was a very happy accident was that it has sand in the paint (didn't expect that). That really helped add the perfect stone look. I was going to just do the latex myself but after seeing the texture and color of the gray Drylok, I realized that I was only going to need the latex for the accents (epitaphs, dark crevices, tea-staining, dry-brushing and sponging.
Ha! Thanks, old nickname that has served its purpose well. Thanks for the 411 on the Drylok, I'll have to give it a whirl next season. Less than 2 weeks until our party and still soooo much little stuff to do. My wife has banned me from any new props until all the little stuff is done. *bleh* *heh*

·
Registered
13,614 Posts
Terra, you rock! I'm amazed at how creative you were at constructing and explaining all of this. Great pics to illustrate. Thanks so much for the excellent tutorial on this amazing looking prop.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm in utter awe:eek:. This is amazing and so simple! I'm also looking to recreate the Winged Death Statue from Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire movie. That, is amazing. Would you just dip everything in Monster Mud the same way and lay over the pre-fabricated frame? Still in awe.

·
Hauntless
8,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I'm in utter awe:eek:. This is amazing and so simple! I'm also looking to recreate the Winged Death Statue from Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire movie. That, is amazing. Would you just dip everything in Monster Mud the same way and lay over the pre-fabricated frame? Still in awe.
Yeah, monster mud leaves incredible effects. Do you have a picture of the statue you are talking about? I can't remember it. Jimmyzdc made a terrific reaper by draping monster mud over a frame. Here's a link to his great tutorial: http://www.halloweenforum.com/tutorials-step-step/69229-monster-mud-reaper.html

By the way, I'm currently hosting a thread answering loads of questions about how I made Beloved in the Prop Building Group. Just put up a new video of her too: http://www.halloweenforum.com/halloween-prop-building-group/76644-project-3-terras-beloved-tombstone-students-thread.html

·
"They won't stay dead."
1,366 Posts
Hey Terra, I'm just making my way through the tutorials for instructions on building basic tombstones. This certainly doesn't fit that bill but I had to comment on the beautiful work you did. That is just amazing...

I'm such a softie I swear, the epitaph made me tear up... :eek:

·
The Hobo Spider Assassin
6,111 Posts
Aww, thanks Boo. Yes, that epitaph gets me too. I love my hubby so much, I'd probably do the same as Beloved.

Heck yes you had better, cause you know he lost his potential man cave to your prop shop! lol:) You know Terra, I've been thinking that your Beloved may need to get out and travel a bit, sort of a traveling showcase, making guest appearances at home haunt cemeteries around the country...let me be the first to offer her a welcoming respite! :D

·
Hauntless
8,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Yeah, isn't he awesome?! In the end, worked out even better. On the weekends, I happily go to the workshop and he happily watches golf and football in peace ;)

By the way, love to take Beloved on a trip back to Whidbey Island. Georgous place!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Dang!!!! I LOVE her!!!! I wouldn't be laid back,I'd be the scariest thing in the yard ,if someone poked a project of mine!! Never mind the Halloween props- Run from the crazy old lady with monster mud on her hands!!!! ~Shelley

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Terra, that's still my favourite tombstone, it's very beautiful. You're very talented. My kids have seen your props too, lol they called you the tombstone lady and said your stuffs cool.

·
Registered
334 Posts
lol,, ive got my styro head and seduction wig sitting on my desk here at work right now!!! Needless to say folks that have came in to my office today are probably thinking im a lil wierd,,,lol. The dress is like trying to find a needle in a hay stack though,,,,

21 - 40 of 208 Posts