Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Back in the old days it was said that when someone was buried that they tied a string to their finger that ran out of the grave to the tombstone and attached to a bell so that if the person was mistakenly buried alive they could ring the bell and alert someone to dig them up. It is said that this is where the term Dead Ringer came from. The term actually came from a using a horse as a ringer to another horse with a real pedigree fool bookies.

So this year we're adding a bell ringer. I have since change the configuration a bit since i made this video. I am now using an arduino nano to be the brains. This video is just a test of the code and a proof of concept. In the next couple of days ill get the enclosure for it built so it can be buried and then test it out with the bell and tombstone.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well tonight I was able to finally do a practical test of my mock up. It works!! LOL. Now all i need ot do is change the timing a bit, put it in a better container and then bury it on Halloween morning when I put most everything out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts