Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Wunderfully Wiccaned
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We started working on our Nightmare B4 Halloween (Xmas) forest last night...

We originally spent like 2 hours working on 10 feet or so, and decided it was too gawdy and needed to be simpler like what I took pictures of...

What suggestions would you have for me?

·
livin Halloween every day
1,989 Posts
Wow, looks pretty good so far, and how ironic. I also am building nightmare before christmas props right now for our annual halloween camping trip. Are you going to have all the characters? If so how are you building them? When i get more of mine done i will have to post pictures.

·
Registered
281 Posts
That looks perfect! If you're looking for a night scene, use some purple in the background. And you just HAVE to do the Holiday trees in there too :)

·
Wunderfully Wiccaned
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah the corrugated holiday trees are next. We are actually going for an afternoonscape like when he's wandering thru the forest... It's going in a 50 foot long corridor (down the side of the house) so people will have to wander thru the forest to get to halloweentown and xmastown...

Last year we did wonderland gone mad and made a rabbithole that was blacklit and creepy fun playing the mad hatters tea party over and over all night long....so it's been dubbed "the rabbit hole" regardless of what we do there from now on... Hehe

·
Wunderfully Wiccaned
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
we seem to be able to do about 25-30 feet of it a night (my friend and I who are doing it both work til 5-6pm every day). We have about 55 ft left to do. which isn't too bad. Were also gonna start on the holiday trees tonight.

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
Oh that looks awesome I cant wait to see what else you do. Nice work!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Is that just a roll of construction paper? I need to do some backdrops and wanted to know where you got the material.

Thanks for posting the pics.

·
Wunderfully Wiccaned
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
its actually bright yellow paper from Shindigz.com $22 a roll. for 4'x50' rolls. It comes in MANY colors and patterns, although STAY AWAY from the "wood" pattern one. That was a horrible pattern and we had to return it, and order something else.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts