Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Make sure and check out the Halloween stock at Dollarama.
There are many *identical* items available (at least at my local Dollaramas...)
For example, a skeleton about a foot high, connected with twine... Michael's - $9.99... Dollarama - a dollar.
Skull bracelet and necklace. Michael's - $7.99. Dollarama - a dollar.

I found Michael's prices really outrageous this year. More so than usual. lol

·
Registered
359 Posts
This can be said of most of the "big" stores. I picked up a skeleton garland for $2 at one of the local dollar stores, but at Michaels it was $6. ALWAYS check the dollar stores first, then hit the biggies.

·
Registered
725 Posts
3 of the 5 dollar stores in my area went of business this year in light of the recession. If we had a dollarama its no more. Hoping to find some really cheap hands on some point that I can dress up. Not sure I want to go through making them this year.

·
The Goddess of Screams
518 Posts
Never heard of Dollarama here in Arkansas. We have Dollar Tree and Dollar General (although Dollar General isn't $1 items like Dollar Tree).

Wish we had a Dollarama though!

·
Registered
598 Posts
Thanks Bliss- they just opened a new one right beside my work (and oddly, across the street from a Michaels) so I'm going to head over there today!

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
That's like the Dollar tree. They have the skeleton garland and other small things for a dollar that are quite a bit more expensive elsewhere.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
On a like note:
Michaels and Big Lots had a number of items that are identical save the packaging. Big Lots' sticker price is lower on all of them by a few bucks.
BUT - If you have a 40 or 50% off coupon for Michaels, it's the hands down winner.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts