Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
We have an old clock that doesn't work. I hadn't thought about giving it a Halloween makeover, but now I think that it would be an awesome project. Thanks for the inspiration!

·
Registered
13 Posts
SUCH a gorgeous clock! I know someone who turned a room in her house into a Haunted Mansion parlor of sorts...she would probably sell her soul to have a clock like that in there.

I haven't touched a Halloween craft in years. For a 3D Design class, we were tasked with turning a regular object into a steampunk one. I had an old WebCaster gun that was just begging to be converted....

·
My other ride is a Ninja
11,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SUCH a gorgeous clock! I know someone who turned a room in her house into a Haunted Mansion parlor of sorts...she would probably sell her soul to have a clock like that in there.

I haven't touched a Halloween craft in years. For a 3D Design class, we were tasked with turning a regular object into a steampunk one. I had an old WebCaster gun that was just begging to be converted....

oh love the steam punk gun

·
Registered
327 Posts
Here are a couple from last year.

I got a wonderful witch that needed some more personality, so I repainted, added different hair, added to her robe, gave her jewelry, etc.
witchfinishedcollage.jpg

I found a great bubbling/lit cauldron at a garage sale for cheap, so I decided to add some bubbling spray foam brew. I just carefully placed some "bubbles," and painted them with different kinds of metallic acrylic paint.
I don't have a true before picture, so here's an in progress: IMG_1498.jpg
After: IMG_1504.jpg

·
Registered
248 Posts
Love before and afters! Hopefully I'll have some in the next few weeks
Saki girl, love your stuff! You do amazing work with trim paint (I would suck at that)

·
Registered
897 Posts
I like to recycle and I used a couple of old coolers from work for the base and a piece of styro board for the book. I haven't gotten around to finishing it yet, maybe this year. ;)

Before: Found this red "wedding" feather pen at the thrift store
DSCF3201.jpg

After: I made this about a year ago but I am not finished aging it.
Shakespeare Tombstone.jpg

Marie

·
Registered
897 Posts
Inspired by Dave Lowe. I had some siding, and a piece of plywood left over from my house reno.
DSCF0430.jpg

Found some white shoes at the thrift store and spray painted them black and used a pool noodle for the legs.
DSCF0437.jpg

I had a dowel I had and just sawed it at an angle and used a zip tie to hold it together and added some green hula skirt to the bottom to make the broom.
DSCF0812.jpg

Marie

·
Registered
897 Posts
I made a paper mache head and shoulders over a plastic skull and added some hair from a wig and fixed some braids for him
DSCF0181.jpg
I stuck him on a rod I use for "paper mache works in progress" and began adding the costume. It sewed all the pieces together so he just easily slips off the shephards hook that is shoved up his butt.
DSCF0138.jpg
His costume is complete. The Puss and Boots vest and shirt were given to me and I got the pirate coat, hat, jeans and shoes at the thrift store for a couple of bucks for all of it and I sewed the boot covers and added a knife and gun from the Dollar Store.
DSCF0379.jpg
Roughing out the pirate tombstone using recycled styro board from my renovations.
DSCF0362.jpg
Taadaa! Here he is and he turned out pretty good considering he only cost me about $2 to make as he, and the tombstone, were made using left overs. I used a garden shephards hook with the loop cut off and it is stuck through the crotch of the jeans and up into the paper mache head and shoulders. Makes it easy to store.
DSCF0711.jpg

Marie

1 - 20 of 132 Posts