Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
The Mrs. to a MysterE
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hallow Forum Fiends and Family! When the days until the Big Night dropped below "50" my tummy got that squiggly feeling and my brain started moving a million miles a minute just thinking about the transformation my house is about to begin -- from normal, everyday home to a para-normal and positively spooky haunted house!

So I got to thinking - how fun it would be to see photos of everyone's houses, condo's, apartments, tents!! whatever -- both"BEFORE" and "AFTER!"

So here's the challenge - take a photo of the front now - before you have jumped into your decorating frenzy - then take another on or just before Halloween!! Post them as you feel so inclined -- and maybe Larry will keep a Before/After album on HF that we can all enjoy when January rolls around -- and we need to kick start our adrenalin to get ready for 2010!! Just another way we can share the "BOO!":D

·
Registered
60 Posts
I don't decorate my house much but I would be thrilled to show you some pictures of my lounge after I've decorated it in October with the food and games out.

·
The Mrs. to a MysterE
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't decorate my house much but I would be thrilled to show you some pictures of my lounge after I've decorated it in October with the food and games out.
Thanks - Lookin' forward to it! :)

·
STARK Raving Mad
937 Posts
I can start with some.

Front of our house ALMOST normal:

Front decorated:

Here is our dining room decorated Halloween night:

Hi-res link: http://www.starkmadness.com/photos/albums/_parties/h07/H07_Halloween_Night_6.JPG

And here it is 4 days later:

Hi-res link: http://www.starkmadness.com/photos/albums/_parties/h07/H07__4_Days_Later_2.JPG

Our living room that year, decorated:

Hi-res link: http://www.starkmadness.com/photos/albums/_parties/h07/H07_IMG6358.JPG

And back to normal:

Hi-res link: http://www.starkmadness.com/photos/albums/_parties/h07/H07__4_Days_Later_1.JPG

Here's one from 2001:

·
The Goddess of Screams
518 Posts
Yes, a very good idea!! I will do so myself!!

Awesome pics LV!! :)

·
The Mrs. to a MysterE
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LV!!! Thanks for breaking the rule about "What happens in Vegas ....stays in Vegas" and showing us these waaay over the top transformations of your house!! AMAZING Before/After pix of your home!! My brain hurts!! Fantastic ideas are lurking everywhere!! BOO!

·
The Mrs. to a MysterE
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OMG!!! UnOrthodOx!! This set up HAD to give the entire neighborhood the creeps!! What a transformation - especially at night!! Bravo!! and. . . BOO!

PS - (thanks for sharing :) How did you get a steady ground fog with this. (We havea fog machine - but it floats up and dissipates so fast. . . ) It really adds to the whole eeerie feel. Sooo cool.

·
Super Moderator
5,844 Posts
OMG!!! UnOrthodOx!! This set up HAD to give the entire neighborhood the creeps!! What a transformation - especially at night!! Bravo!! and. . . BOO!

PS - (thanks for sharing :) How did you get a steady ground fog with this. (We havea fog machine - but it floats up and dissipates so fast. . . ) It really adds to the whole eeerie feel. Sooo cool.
We are fortunate to have what must be PERFECT weather for ground fog around Halloween.

The ONLY thing I do is run it through a corrugated tube.
Hancor at Lowe's: 4" x 100' Slotted Corrugated Pipe

(though they sell it in smaller lengths, that's the stuff)

The frigid temps outside, and dew/frost on the ground take care of the rest. But, you really NEED a high quality fog juice. That pic above was with Froggy's Swamp Juice.

Crap juice from WalMart just doesn't measure up:

(same setup otherwise as far as lighting and fog goes, you can kinda almost see a mist...

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
Nice pics guys! Good thread, it's nice to have a comparison of normal day to day versus the transformation :)

·
Registered
457 Posts
Please dont forget to take before pics!!! I almost forgot and just happened to remember while laying out my cemetery fence today. Thought Id send out a reminder to everyone else :)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hey Unorthodox... Project Nightfall, as in Guild Wars Nightfall? (I'm a player and I recognize the basic guild emblem on the banner.... so I'm curious) If so, SWEET!

·
The Mrs. to a MysterE
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Mega Bus to Chicago

Hallow Forum Fiends and Family! When the days until the Big Night dropped below "50" my tummy got that squiggly feeling and my brain started moving a million miles a minute just thinking about the transformation my house is about to begin -- from normal, everyday home to a para-normal and positively spooky haunted house!

So I got to thinking - how fun it would be to see photos of everyone's houses, condo's, apartments, tents!! whatever -- both"BEFORE" and "AFTER!"

So here's the challenge - take a photo of the front now - before you have jumped into your decorating frenzy - then take another on or just before Halloween!! Post them as you feel so inclined -- and maybe Larry will keep a Before/After album on HF that we can all enjoy when January rolls around -- and we need to kick start our adrenalin to get ready for 2010!! Just another way we can share the "BOO!"[/I]:D

Please dont forget to take before pics!!! I almost forgot and just happened to remember while laying out my cemetery fence today. Thought Id send out a reminder to everyone else :)
That is an awesome idea! Unfortunately I already started decorating my place! I'll be doing it backwards lol! :D
HALLOW ALL! First - I have to tell you, I am sitting next to MysterE in the very front of the Mega Bus on the top decker seats (nothin' but glass between us and the geese flying south!). We are on our way To Chicago. thinking we would have withdrawal symptoms without HF on the trip. Then they announced free WiFI - we did a double take and grabbed for the lap top! Traveling with the Forum - now that's devotion!
Anyway -- Thanks Newbie for remembering the thread and encouraging everyone to join in! The HF Counter is teetering at the edge of the date cliff!! Take just a few steps back - and over we go to 30 Days till the BIG NIGHT!! :eek: (eeeek!) More wonderful transformations on the way, non?!
And if, like Mistress, you already started to jump over the decorating edge - I love the idea to do the After - Before ... and the Before - After!!

Can't wait to see the pics that come in - The more. . . the SCARIER! BOO!

·
Super Moderator
5,844 Posts
Hey Unorthodox... Project Nightfall, as in Guild Wars Nightfall? (I'm a player and I recognize the basic guild emblem on the banner.... so I'm curious) If so, SWEET!
Aye. That was my entry into the art contest last year. You might enjoy reading more on it over here.

THIS year, I'm building one of those Charr Titan Effigy things. Hope they still do a contest...haven't heard anything of late.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts