Halloween Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Afternoon,

I am in need of some expert help. We are making a beetlejuice theme for a competition that we do at work. We want to have a large sandworm that will be over an entry way to our cubical section and i am stumped as to how to make this head. Any ideas???

·
Registered
9 Posts
Kimber84,
Great concept!! (I just watched it again recently) I have a few ideas, not all are good ones. Depending on your time restaints, you may want to make a ball using chicken wire or similar, and paper mache the head. Or a quicker way might be to start off with a giant plastic ball you find in a toy store in the tall bins, and use "sculpey" clay or "crayloa model magic" to make the facial features. Then paint using screen shots as a reference. You can probably use styrofoam balls or carved blocks of it from packing materials for the eyes, eye lids, or mouth, but be careful when gluing them if you use the giant ball, you dont want the plastic ball to burn a hole through and cause it to deflate.
Here's a cool prop link I found http://www.propbay.com/original/beetle-juice-snake-head-beetlejuice-1988-movie-prop-2711.html

How about the snake body? Aluminum or plastic dryer hose? Pool noodles?
I'd love to see the final version, please post pics and Good Luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts