Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Prop Master
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a while since i have been here. been going through some tough times lately...got laid off and no money for materials this year. looks like year 21 for the Nightmare Family isn't gonna happen. i have avoided coming here because i didn't want to see everyone else having fun but.....screw it! Everyone go have yourself extra fun for me this year!!!!!!

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
So, the price of a gallon of gas is now $2 : 09 here, but it seems like with all the concerns about the election(s) and some strange people running? There seems to be very scant real jobs around here, so who is going to buy the gas any way?
Most of our patrons drive 2 to 3 hours to arrive here, and some cannot complete that trip because once they leave the suburbs, the street lights run out, and small hairy and large hairy Creatures own the road!
Very scary!

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
i think Gym is right about people being scared.

I am sorry to hear of your troubles but i will sit in the corner with you this year. We are trying to sell our house and there won't be any halloween for us, either.

·
The Sea Witch
2,447 Posts
I didnt do much last year, so don't feel bad. I did play in reaper, but it was a bad year emotionally and my heart wasnt in halloween - both grandparents (who i was the caregiver for) passed, my husband and i split, money was tight, depression, etc .... so... I feel ya.

Enjoy watching others have fun if you feel up to it, and plan and get ideas for next year :)

(((((hugs)))))

·
Rutherford Manor Haunt
2,067 Posts
Sorry to hear of your rough patch thenightmarefamily, things are scary all over. Many layoffs up here, some of my good friends are in similar situation. Things will turn around, like witchymom said take this time to plan and come back bigger than ever! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
Life happens, and not always in the best possible way(s). Rest assured that many are in the same boat (which could explain its near-capsizing). Remember, women and children first... Ah, screw it, just do whatever it takes to get to the lifeboat:p

·
Registered
114 Posts
I sat out last year due to a rough patch. It makes coming back that much better, so try to just hang in there this year! I hope things turn around for you soon. It's a stressful spot to be in.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I don't know what it is that has made the last couple years just not what they should have been. I hope that you have family and friends who will support you and stand by you while you are going through this. I'm kind of in the same boat ...money is scarce ... and things have happened to our family that I cannot believe could have ever happen. I skipped Halloween last year but this year ... I am giving it a try ... this year is just to keep me sane and I have to say there have been a group of people from the forum that have made my loneliness go away and have made me feel I have something to offer and a place where I can go and share ideas ... that I matter.

Keep visiting this forum and don't let your enjoyment or passion get squashed ... live through all these creative people ... give your thoughts and opinions ... and when you are able to get back to doing Halloween ... you will be ready and will have the best Halloween ever!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts