Halloween Forum banner

Beef Netting-Tips and Tricks & How much do I need?

9K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  atwalt 
#1 · (Edited)
People have asked how far beef netting goes. Here's my experience:

Slit tube on one side so you're working with a flat layer
The bigger the holes, the larger area it covers (and better it looks)
It's easier to cut when stretched very tight and cut with sharp scissors (not Xacto knife)
Better to cut holes first, THEN attach to display as it grows when you cut it
Quite a bit of 'snow' is created when cutting
Cut many different sized holes, cutting small ones between bigger ones
If you cut holes vertically (think pantyhose) the stretches wider and frays less and runs more, cut horizontally and it gets baggy in the middle
This is the polyester and the glow under blacklight is only mediocre

Please add your advice!

For reference sake, this is about 6-7lbs of a 10lb roll. My lawn is about 40' wide. It's a double car driveway and the web goes up about 18' high on the front of the garage.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
This is great! I'm getting ready to pull mine out again and I had waaaaay fewer holes last year. Glad to see another approach.

How did you stretch your cloth to cut it? I hung mine in the trees and then cut it. it didn't cover much area. You said you cut hten hung it and I'm windering if mine would go further.

#4 ·
It was a pain to stretch and cut because it keeps growing, so I attached it to a couple of doorknobs and a couple of heavy dining chairs I could keep sliding to keep the web taut. When the weather was better, I moved to the garage where there are a lot of spiky things to attach to. Plus the ladder is super stable and easy to slide. Keeping the height at waist level was best for me.

#10 ·
That stuff is great. Where can you buy it? Can it be reused?
Every year my two oldest (adult) daughters make a web out of a roll of cotton twine.Keeps them out of my hair for about 1/2 of the afternoon but I have to listen to a fair amount of bickering. Last year I finally convinced them to tie knots instead of just loops. We haven't tried to reuse it yet.
This looks like a better effect and if reusable, much easier to set up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.