Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the holiday weekend, I visited the Magic Kingdom. In addition to riding the Haunted Mansion five times and enjoying details of various effects, I visited the semi-new Be Our Guest restaurant in New Fantasyland. Ate in the "Beast" room and found it somewhat Haunted Mansion-esque with its lighting and special effects. Lousy food but terrific atmosphere:

There's a Changing Portrait where the Prince changes into the Beast and vice-versa. Wife saw it change but I did not. Sorry, no video of that effect or the wider Beast room itself. Probably plenty of it though if you search for "Be Our Guest Restaurant" on YouTube.

·
Registered
668 Posts
The family and I went just before christmas and ate lunch there. Theme was great, issues with magic band, but other than that it was enjoyable. Next trip will be after mine carts opens for me.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The family and I went just before christmas and ate lunch there. Theme was great, issues with magic band, but other than that it was enjoyable. Next trip will be after mine carts opens for me.
Nice. Construction on the Seven Dwarves mine cart ride was tantalizingly close to completion. But looks to be at least a few more months out before a soft opening. Had major issues with magic bands and FastPass+; even Cast Members are confused--got different answers from different ones. Had a great time though as always. Fortunately, being a selected "test case", my wife and I were able to cut to the head of the Be Our Guest queue and were the first few to enter the restaurant. Crazy lines for a quick service restaurant, but definitely worth checking out for the theming.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Since we've been discussing Diagon Alley, thought it would be cool to re-share how spooky the furthest dining room is of the Be Our Guest restaurant in New Fantasyland at WDW's Magic Kingdom.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts