Halloween Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, all! I thought I'd share the "1st place" prop hit from our party last weekend. I thought it would be our "No Quarter" hall of heads, but no, this simple bathtub prop/scene was what everyone talked about all night.

It was really easy...my husband just got a thick piece of foam board, and cut it to just barely squeeze tightly into the tub. Then he "sealed" the edges with garbage bags (black would have been better, but we were pressed for time and out of black), and poured two 50lb bags of sand on top. The depth of the sand was around 2 inches, and then he buried the faux chains, scattered the bones, and added the head (with a pirate bandana for our pirate theme). Everyone thought for sure that the bathtub was full of dirt... :)

We took it down the next day, since that is our only working shower, but it was definately the "favorite" scene at the party. Next year we'll use the foam board for tombstones - maybe even just one, since it's already got the basic shape of a "real" tombstone.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts