Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody!
I know a lot of you have been making props already but I'm gonna start thinking right know.
I'm not sure about the topic for next Halloween, maybe something related with Psycho. So I know I'm gonna built the Bates Motel neon sign, a dead mom in a chair and the shower scene...but Anybody can give me some others ideas to put in my yard?:) Related or not, but not too far of the Psycho theme.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Ever see Motel Hell (gloriously terrible movie, spoiler follows)? The proprietor of said hotel kidnaps people and buries them in the backyard up to their necks to "cure," and then makes jerky out of them. If you're willing to extend to other hotel-based horror movies, you could have done heads in the yard as if they're buried up to the neck, silently mouthing for help (their vocal cords were removed). Or, if you want to be more subtle, a handmade sign advertising "the best jerky in three counties!"

·
Registered
429 Posts
Ooh - on Bates Motel they disposed of a body in a roll of carpet - maybe some feet sticking out of a twitching roll of carpet.

·
Registered
597 Posts
With a Bates Motel theme its all about setting the atmosphere and lighting is always top priority. Without question I would start with the sidewalk lamp posts with a flicker circuit for added affect. You mentioned the Bates Motel Sign, great idea as long as you go with Neon.

bates-motel-season-3-1.jpg

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,289 Posts
Taxidermy. Lots of it. It was one of his hobbies. :D

Reactions: OHS

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow wow...Love it guys! A lot of ideas, Hitchcock sillhouette, flickering lamposts, the rolled-body-carpet Love it!, the freezer...Great ideas!! I was thinking to built a part of the motel corridor-porch (just thinking I don't know how to start hahahaha).
I want to put a person in a chair like a dummie and a guide helping the TOT's to walk by the haunt, telling stories about what happened there, legends! and then is killed by the "mother" with a knife in the back hahahaha that would be awesome!:D

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ever see Motel Hell (gloriously terrible movie, spoiler follows)? The proprietor of said hotel kidnaps people and buries them in the backyard up to their necks to "cure," and then makes jerky out of them. If you're willing to extend to other hotel-based horror movies, you could have done heads in the yard as if they're buried up to the neck, silently mouthing for help (their vocal cords were removed). Or, if you want to be more subtle, a handmade sign advertising "the best jerky in three counties!"
Hahahaha I haven't watch this movie, now I'm gonna see it. I like the idea with the heads, let's see how to do it and how many of them :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Check in desk, small swamp set up with an old bumper sticking out? Silhouette in the window
I was thinking about the swamp scene, and with brake lights blinking! That would be awesome...but I don´t know how to make a fake swamp, I read a lot of low fog and frogs sounds, bubbles...but my problem is the fog machine. I don´t have one

·
Registered
129 Posts
Maybe also a board on the wall with hooks that hold numbered motel room keys? I think his victim was in Room #1?
Yes room 1 was the room he could see into =) Also I found this sign online the other day.. 41j2PTRzrWL.jpg
There is a cheaper version as well.
41iSbWpcDQL.jpg

I found these both on amazon.ca but I'm sure they are available else where. =)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If you were feeling creative you could make a sign quite easily using EL wire.
Thanks a lot lawrie . I didn't know About That EL wire , I googled and that's perfect !! I'm making the Bates Motel sign on carboard now , cause I only put my haunted yard the Halloween night (I 'm in Spain and here 's is not pretty common to put things weeks before Halloween) so I try to do my best in a cheaper way :)
I'll upload some pics of the process:rolleyes:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes room 1 was the room he could see into =) Also I found this sign online the other day.. View attachment 251661
There is a cheaper version as well.
View attachment 251662

I found these both on amazon.ca but I'm sure they are available else where. =)
I have in mind to built the porch-corridor (with fake doors and windows) and the room 1 (will be the last one in my set hehehe because of suspense) will have a door and behind that I'll put a shower curtain with a shadow (reusing my last year idea).This is the idea, let's see what can I do hehe
94b3d89203d0c6ada1d2a061b8121755.jpg

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have in mind to built the porch-corridor (with fake doors and windows) and the room 1 (will be the last one in my set hehehe because of suspense) will have a door and behind that I'll put a shower curtain with a shadow (reusing my last year idea).This is the idea, let's see what can I do hehe
View attachment 251679
awesome. Take a pic if you can =)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts