Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little while back I got home from work to find a visitor. I had forgotten I had taken video and figured it's a good time to share it.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Cool! The video reminds me of when I was a kid. We came home from vacation to find 2 bats in our garage. They are so neat up close (as long as they are hibernating!)

:) Good thing it wasn't in the house. It means you have a ghost in your
house according to supersition.
It's funny you should say that. My wife has been hearing a bat in our attic for the past couple of days, and ever since we lived here we've thought the house was haunted. Just for an added touch I got to hear wolves howling tonight also at about 2 a.m. The monsters are closing in!!!:eek:

·
A Great Pumpkin
3,103 Posts
Oh, isn't he cute! I love bats, I don't know why. But what is he doing outside exposed like that in the daytime? I do hope he's not sick.
I'll second that. Unusal behavior is a sign of possible rabbies infection. If he comes around again in the daytime, please call animal control ffor your and your families safety.

·
The Halloween King
626 Posts
That's pretty cool. We get small fruit bats around here on the warm summer nights, but nothing that big.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Something does seem wrong with him, that is not typical behavior of a bat. One of the cool things about my 1831 stone house is we have a colony of over 100 bats living under the side of my roof. I discovered this when we first purchased it, I was in the back yard and all of the sudden a pile of bats were flying around and we discovered where they were coming from. They are my mosquito eaters and I just adore them.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
He might be the "house bat". I bought my house a few years ago and I noticed at the very top of my roof the top brick which is only a couple inch triangle looked like it was missing and I asked but was told it was just pushed back a little. The old attic is the master bedroom so it's just insulation and drywall above my bed until the roof, but at night I can hear a flutter of wings against the drywall and then slight scratching as it moves to get to that missing brick above my bed lol. I believe it's only one because that's all I ever hear so i've left him alone unless he causes any damage. A year and a half ago i was sitting at my computer desk after work at about 2am when I had an eerie feeling so I turned around in my chair and looked down the hallway. I stared for a few mins then woosh I see a bat fly by the doorway. I had a ceiling fan on and he kept following the fans path as it blew, and he came into the room where i was, circled a few times and left. Dumb me shut the door to the room with me in it instead of shutting him in and me leaving lol. I waited a bit then went to look for him and called animal control. They never showed up and finally after a sweep of the house I went to bed and never saw him again. I can only assume he came down the chimney that I didn't have the damper closed and left the same way. I still hear him now and then and i've never heard the ghost thing before and i won't tell my girlfriend lol it'll freak her out. I haven't seen him since the video :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts