Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my project from last night. Made from grapevine and jute. Why does everything I make have to be so big?? I planned on puting bats in the cage (not my owl friend) but maybe I need to get a big @$$ vulture for it. What do you think? Some cobwebs and spanish moss and that bad boy is going to be quite impressive.

Typical Ghoul Next Door
I like it - it looks like something that an old witch would have in her house to keep the kiddies in. :cool:

If you can find/make a vulture, that would be really cool. You're owl looks like he could fly right out of there. :D

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
My owl is trained, you see, and really doesn't 'need' the cage. tee hee. I reaaaaaly want a vulture. Now I have an excuse to get one!

Registered
A vulture would be great. Some of the stores should have them soon. The moss and webs will add to the spooky cage, maybe a couple random shots of black or dark green spray paint to age the wood just a little?

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
screamqueen,

Thanks for the idea. I think the vulture with a nice skeleton underneath would be AWESOME!
Also I shall darken it up a bit too. Kind of funny having this thing sitting in my living room right now. My kids' friends keep asking about it!

Registered
As of today, 8/9, Micheals has vulchures (I can't spell, LOL). About $10, and they stand about 6" wide and 14" tall. Not huge by any means, but probably the perfect size for that cage. They also have larger sized Raven's with wings extended that might look cool, too. Also about $10.

Good luck!

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
Love grapevine. It's spooky and free! I didn't even get poison ivy this time!!

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
Here's a crow I made. I'm going to try to work my way up to making a vulture!!

Registered
Love the cage! Now, if I could only find someone with a grapevine in their yard. . .

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
Grapevine is EVERYWHERE around these parts. I'm going to do a swag around my front door too.

Registered
Discussion Starter #14
I made the vulture!!! Fabric over walmart bags and paper plates. The beak is clay and the head and feet are great stuff. I also downsized the cage a bit. It was overwhelming my living room. The flash really blanched this out but hopefully you get the idea.

Typical Ghoul Next Door
That is a pretty good looking vulture! It is amazing that you made him out of bags and paper plates... wow!

He looks right at home in the cage. Great job! :cool:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts