Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys -

This is my first year trying to do something for Halloween, and just purchased my first fog machine - so please bare with me. :)

Just purchased a Chauvet Hurricane 1050. Want to be sure I understand how it operates. I plugged it in and played with it for a few minutes, but I want to make sure I understand everything. Hopefully someone else has this model, or maybe they're all similar in function.

It seems that the unit will only push fog when the manual fog button is pressed. Is that correct? I guess I just assumed that it would periodically release fog when turned on and warmed up.

Also, for anyone who has this unit, why are their 2 sets of LEDs on the front (2 each indicating 'ready' and 'low fluid')? Seems redundant, and the manual doesn't seem to mention it, but maybe I'm missing something.

Anything else I need to know about these things?

Basically, my end goal is to automate this with my Insteon lighting controller. Basically, my Insteon gear would detect motion, turn on/flash/brighten/dim lights, activate props, start fog, activate music, etc... I'm considering purchasing the wireless remote for this model and somehow modifying it so I can control the fog with a low voltage relay.

In any case, any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated - this is all new to me! :)

·
Hauntless
8,371 Posts
I have two of these but, I've only tested them so far. The LED buttons on the back also has screws next to it. If you unscrew these, you will see that the section will pull away and you have just discovered your remote.

If you want it to periodically emit smoke, you have to buy the optional timer. Buy Chauvet Timer Remote for F-800 or F-1000 online at Musician's Friend

If you want DMX control, you have to buy the DMX adapter. https://www.djsupply.com/proddetail.asp?prod=69_ChauvetDMX-3f&cat=173

I hope that helps.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply! I ended up cutting the hardwired remote off and wiring to a relay so I can control the fog via Insteon. I will check the fog fluid often to try and gauge how much I will be using. I would assume I need to check it at least daily.

Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts