Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Join my Doomsday cult!
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received my Barneys, and a few other items.

Barneys aren't perfect, but they are far better detailed than a blucky and weigh only a fraction of Buckys hefty 25 lbs! (Right around 4 lbs)

My Barneys have some flash that needs to be trimmed off, not too much though. The head is a bit large and the ribcage is small. I'm looking for more suitable skulls, but as is, Barney will look fine in the mid to background. Add a little corpsification and he'll fit in anywhere.

While Barneys are blow-molded, the "28 piece bag of Barney bones" are styrofoam. So they aren't actually the same as a disarticulated Barney.

Overall, I'm looking forward to working with Barney. I think he'll corpse up nicely!

Feel free to ask any questions if you have them, I'll do my best to answer them.

·
Banned
3,040 Posts
but are they purple and sing too ?
"I love you, you love me, we're a great big family with a great big hug and a kiss from me to you, wont you say you love...me...too!"

"Hello again to all my friends, Im glad you came to play. Our fun and learning never ends....here's what we did today."

If your barney ever said that...kids would be scarred for life!:D

·
Good Ghoul Gone Bad
747 Posts
I've never heard of a barney so I'd love to see a picture of one "as is" and then how they look all corpsed out.

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
These sound like a good, viable alternative to a Bucky.
Not strictly anatomically accurate, but should corpse or dress up nicely enough for most purposes.

And at 4lbs in weight vs 25lbs for a Bucky, the shipping costs should be a lot more affordable.

Something for us UK haunters to consider perhaps?

Thanks for posting, Lurks..keep us posted as to what you do with your Barneys.

·
Registered
329 Posts
"I love you, you love me, we're a great big family with a great big hug and a kiss from me to you, wont you say you love...me...too!"

"Hello again to all my friends, Im glad you came to play. Our fun and learning never ends....here's what we did today."

If your barney ever said that...kids would be scarred for life!:D
Indeed!!! Barney is creepy enough as it is, can you imagine a skeleton singing that at you as you walked past it?? Priceless!

Baron, I quite agree- could be a good option for us transatlantic halloweenies :)

·
Join my Doomsday cult!
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here's a picture comparing Barney to Bucky. Yes, I'm referring to Bargain Basement Barney from The Skeleton Store.

Barney is on the left, Bucky to the right. This is a photo from Linda at The Skeleton Store, I'll take some shots of my Barneys later today.
They retail, and wholesale, for around $30 less than Bucky.

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
Certainly close enough to make not a lot of difference for general use, and much better than the Bluckies that I've seen.

Just for the guidance of UK members, Barney works out at around £39.00 as opposed to a 4th quality Bucky at £63.00 (at todays exchange rate). I'll try and get a quote on shipping, and delivery time to the UK.

Lurks..
Thanks once again for the heads up on these.:)

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
My never-ending mantra...."its gonna be dark." I plan on corpsing a few of these guys this year for my catacombs and I don't think anyone will notice the freakishly large cranium or lack of articulated phalanges.

I'm glad these are finally out there for us all to use!
From the photo's, it doesn't appear as though it would take a degree in surgery to articulate the joints...and the skull could quite easily be replaced with a more realistically scaled one, leaving the Barney skull to be used as a stand alone prop if desired.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Lurks it looks like the Bucky and Barney are very simular besides the head and maybe a bit of size dif. with the rib cage. Do you know of any other real dif. I always thought the Bucky skull seemed a bit small. Is the Barney skull a disapointment.

·
Join my Doomsday cult!
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sorry for the wait, here's the pics!

I just added some pics to my album...Halloween Forum - Lurks in the shadows's Album: Barney and Bucky, side by side. Hopefully the captions will help explain more.

Barney is fully assembled and ready to go, right out of the box! Cut him free from the bubble wrap and lift him up. He's so light you can pick him up with a single finger!

Barneys big ol' head is really the only thing I could complain about, and to paraphrase Baron, it is good enough for general use and could be replaced if needed. I can't say its a disappointment as I saw Barney at TransWorld and knew he had mega-melon. If you've been using bluckies, you'll have no problem with Barneys head!

I took some close-ups of joints, hand and foot. I think a judicious application of heat will allow the fingers to be posed.

They look a bit sturdier than a blucky. I believe barney will be great for corpsing and posing.

I'm glad to help out! If anyone wants any specific pictures, just ask!

·
Psychomaniac
623 Posts
Just got my Barneys. They look very serviceable. We're going to get one corpsed up in a few weeks.

I guess I only have one complaint and it's on the shipping. Why does everyone have to rip you off on shipping? They charged me $47.34 for FedEx ground shipping. UPS ground at corporate rates would have been $30.64. That's 35% less! It's very aggravating when merchants make up margin by overcharging for freight.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts