Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Join my Doomsday cult!
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, here is a little information and some answers to a few questions regarding the new Barney skeletons.
This is straight from Linda Jacobs at SkeletonStore.com.

First off, there was some confusion as to whether Barney was hollow or solid. Linda was told that they were solid plastic, but they're actually hollow.

Barney, and the rest of the new skeletons, are made of polyethylene. They are blow-molded hollow polyethylene. Barney is listed as 98% PE and 2% metal. (in the joints)

About getting samples, this is quoted from Linda. " Unfortunately we are unable to get samples. However, if anyone buys a Barney and immediately contacts us and wants to return it, they can send it back to us and we will gladly provide them with a refund.. There is a 10% restocking fee however. We want our customers to be happy. "

There have been some questions about the prices, again, this is a quote from Linda. " The retail price is for anyone off the street. The price we introduced it at was just a one-time introductory price. To receive lower pricing from the retail listed on the site, all they have to do is go on our site www.skeletonstore.com and fill out the New Reseller Registration. If ever anyone has questions they can contact me directly and I will be more than happy to answer them. I love hearing from my customers and meeting new people. "

Another question was "How strong are the bones?" That's a bit hard to define, but Linda says that they pass the 10 meter carton drop test. I'm assuming that means that the skeleton in its carton, is dropped from 10 meters without damage.
As to whether it will withstand the rigors of pneumatic prop actuation is yet to be determined.

Barney weighs in at a slim 4.7 pounds. Bucky is about 25 pounds!

To answer one persons question, it doesn't look like Barney will float in water. There are small holes in the bones at the joints.

Now, here's a picture that many folks have asked for.

More pics to come, hopefully soon!

If anyone has any more questions, feel free to ask.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,855 Posts
How low is the lower price if you register as a reseller? And can ANYONE register? :)

Those look pretty darn good...

·
Pirate of the Puget Sound
715 Posts
Thank you, Lurks! That picture is worth a thousand words.

I'm really interested in seeing how poseable Barney is. We know he's jointed, but to what extent can he be posed without creating excessive stress on the joints?

Also, his hands and feet are NOT articulated but his jaw is, correct?

That oversized skull just doesn't look right.

·
Join my Doomsday cult!
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Junit, I don't have any yet. They will be shipped out in a few months.
This picture, and soon more, came from Linda.
From what I saw at TransWorld, I think I will be very happy using them to corpsify. Although I will probably attach a smaller head.

Haunter, his joints are pretty much just hinges. Basically only two-way articulation. Yep, the hands and feet are not articulated, the jaw does move.

Frankies Girl, Halloween71 is right. Registering as a reseller is easy. Anatomical Chart Company/Buckys Boneyard resellers can transfer over to The Skeleton Store, and new reseller accounts are as easy to set up as they were with ACC/BB.
I have recommended opening an account for years. Marilyn Lack, from ACC/BB, has always treated her smaller accounts with the same respect she gives her larger buyers, and Linda has assured me that this practice will continue at The Skeleton Store.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts