Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I live on a farm and this year we are going to have the Halloween party in the barn. I did this once before and it turned out great! The only problem is is that i don't want to go with the same decorating as that time. Any ideas? I need help with lighting due to it being a barn i can't have an open flame in anyway.

Thanks!

·
Registered
260 Posts
what was last times decorations? (just so you don't get the same ideas thrown at you lol)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We has corn stocks attached to every structural pole in the barn. Red film over the lights, small photo booth area with a black light, hay bale seating, spider webs on the ceiling, large zombie scene tarps. I wish I would have taken pictures of it but in the process of rushing around to get it done i forgot!:(

·
Registered
260 Posts
just off the top of my head ( I was going to suggest zombies too just because its a good "go to" especially if you make the party look like a shelter during a zombie apocalypse)

*salem style designs
-witches
-cauldrons
-brooms
-potions
-spell books

*Sleepy hollow
-headless horsemen
-grayard backdrops
-windmill back drop
-covered bridge backdrop
-scarecrows
-(optional severed heads)

*walking scarecrows
-tons of scarecrows
-crows
-corn stalks

*Pirate theme with a twist
-broken ship
-tentacles coming out of everywhere like a kraken attack
-barrels
-treasure chests
-blue lights, make it look like a watery grave

*H.P Lovecraft
-same thing with tentacles
-giant portal like backdrop
-necronomican
-green flood lights

*Circus
-pretty easy lol

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I think some of the same type of décor always works in a barn because of the farm and country atmosphere, like haystacks, cornstalks, and scarecrows. Any theme will fit if you do it right. It's just for fun so it all works regardless. ;) Even an alien invasion theme.

·
Dawn of the Dead
1,848 Posts
You might want to PM fellow HFer walk7856. She (or he?) does fabulous barn parties and might be able to give you some ideas. Here's a link to her Sleepy Hollow party http://www.halloweenforum.com/party...epy-hollow-themed-halloween-party-2011-a.html and another for her 80's Slasherfest Halloween http://www.halloweenforum.com/party...736-my-1980s-slasherfest-halloween-party.html

If nothing else, the pics should give you an idea how you can use some of the same things in your barn, but at the same time, change it up to a new theme.

P.S. For a barn, you HAVE to get some chandeliers! Find them cheap at garage sales and convert them to plug ins with flicker lighting. Would look awesome!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts