Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My graveyard fence has about had it and I'm thinking of new ides for a new one. I live in Utah and was think of a western style one which would be easy to set-up and take down and easy to store so I'm thinking of a old style barbed wire (Fake of course) fence. I'd like to hear some of your ideas on how to make it look cool and creepy. Right now I'm thinking old wooden posts with four strands of "Wire" between each post. Also maybe a skull on one post and some type of dead animal caucus in the fence...other ideas?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Barbed wire could be interesting. Do you have grave walkers? it might be cool to see a corpse hung in the wire. You will need to find some fake barbed wire thats strong enough to hold up against kids leaning on it

Most old west cemeteries I've seen have a rickety picket or cast iron fence. Picket would be easy enough to do and store if you panelized them. you could even use pallets for it.

Good luck

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the suggestions Eblore and yea I understand that most old west cemeteries have old picket or iron fencing but I was thinking a barbed wire would be different. I like the idea of a body of some type "caught" in the wire. BTW I'm going to made my own wire and it will be strong.

·
bone collector
3,167 Posts
Not sure how gory your haunt is, but if you do use a body caught up in the wire, you could also make some guts out of Great Stuff, and/or latex pieces of flesh as detail. Add a vulture sitting on the nearest post & another on the ground picking away...
I like the idea of non traditional fencing :D

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure how gory your haunt is, but if you do use a body caught up in the wire, you could also make some guts out of Great Stuff, and/or latex pieces of flesh as detail. Add a vulture sitting on the nearest post & another on the ground picking away...
I like the idea of non traditional fencing :D
Great ideas punkineater and I'll keep them in mind. I'm going to do some testing soon to see how it will look and I'll post pictures.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts