Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to make one of those balloon boards that you see at carnivals? How do you affix them to the board after they are blown up?

Also, any other carnival games that people have had success with at Halloween. I like a spooky haunt but I also like to have something for the little ones. Thought the Carnevil theme was perfect for this sort of thing.

·
Funeral Crasher
7,435 Posts
I think a staple gun would work for holding the ends of the balloons to the board.

As afar as other games, I know some haunters have taken a large board and cut out a body shape in it. Then put a hole in the mouth and other areas and buy some cheap body parts from the dollar store. Then the participants try to "Feed the Zombie".

That's all I can think of right now.

·
Registered
268 Posts
We did this game last night and the hubby used push pins so he could easily replace the balloons. Our board was 2 inch foam and held up brilliantly. For games we did a ring toss with skeleton arm yard stakes, witchy brew games which was tossing eyeballs into an arrangement of cauldrons and the bottle knockdown in which the bottles were decorated like monsters. The children had a blast.

·
Registered
268 Posts
We gave out tickets that were cashed in for prizes. I had a display tower that I repurposed and it held the prizes by level starting with pencils and party favors type prizes( tops kazoos puzzle mazes) and then there were an assortment of mid level prizes like glow necklaces mustaches fart bags( a favorite among the adults) next level were grow in water zombies , wind up walking characters and the solar dancing halloween characters. We also had a table with assorted plush and one giant bear in a pirate costume as the grand prize, which my seven year old won for his "girlfriend"

Attachments

·
Registered
268 Posts
These games were hit and I will be pulling them around front to put in the drive for TOT. I will hand out prizes not tickets that night. One benefit of overbuying is that I have plenty of prizes and candy for TOT despite a crowd of almost 60 at our party. The bad side is leftovers for days.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Spooky McWho, that is some real dedication to the carnival theme. To think that there were enough attractions to generate so many tickets that you had 4 different prize levels: wow! Also, the young romance is very cute. :D

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We did this game last night and the hubby used push pins so he could easily replace the balloons. Our board was 2 inch foam and held up brilliantly. For games we did a ring toss with skeleton arm yard stakes, witchy brew games which was tossing eyeballs into an arrangement of cauldrons and the bottle knockdown in which the bottles were decorated like monsters. The children had a blast.
What did you use to break the balloons? I was looking for darts for the kids to throw but nobody sells those any more. Can't find anything sharp enough that they can throw.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts