Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many people post pictures(especially from the film era of "orbs" and streaks of light in a picture but has anyone ever witnessed "ball lightening"?
Who is to say ball lightening or any lightening isn't a ghost? We human electrical. One of the main reasons people don't see ghosts(unless they want to)as much as they used to is where people die. Most people die in a hospital. I had a dog die at home and her spirit stuck around in the house current. When a certain ceiling fan was turned off she left. so now that I have made the connection between spirit and electricity...ball lightening.

It happened one mid afternoon. Sky turned dark and a thunderstorm was approaching. I was tossing some compost for the garden when I looked over at the water well and grapefruit size ball came out of it. The well was drilled about 260 feet or so and our bedrock and other layers do have iron and certainly the the well company put some in the hole they drilled. so there it was about 15 feet away from me. It moved suddenly, crackled and made a tiny explosion. I was like what the...Still staring, wondering what just happened another ball emerged from the well. This time it was the size of a volleyball! It was bright white like the other, crackling, hovering...then it started towards me and made a loud explosion! Safe to say I ran! Ball lightening is pretty rare, few people have ever seen it and I've never heard of anyone seeing it twice in one sitting. Pretty wild.

·
Super Moderator
5,783 Posts
When I was young, 5 or so.

Thunderstorm going on, power went out, and ball lightening bounced out of a socket, across the room at me, my mom dragging me away and it popped. It's not a sound you forget. It looked HUGE, but I was 5, and scared. Everything looks huge to a scared 5 year old.

Don't know if I was born this way or what, but since then, lightning seems to be rather abnormally attracted to me. 3 strikes close enough I can feel the heat and see the plasma after effects in the air, 2 strikes hitting trees close by, and 1 strike put a hole through a metal door I was standing next to, throwing me several feet back (I'm unwilling to say it struck ME).

I do not like being out in thunderstorms...fortunately, my job no longer requires it.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
I was maybe 19, sitting on a small concrete ledge that sticks out from the North side of the Mount Carroll Lutheran Church. There were four of us seated tight, right beside each other, talking. I think we were seated there because it had begun to rain slightly?
The ledge is above the ground at just the right distance to give our legs a place to go, our feet were all on the ground.
There was just normal, random conversation going on, i had turned my head to the East, everybody else's head was facing West. There was a tremendously loud thunder Crack, just maybe 80 feet West of us as lightning went for a large tree on the corner in front of the Methodist Parsonage.
We were seated shoulder to shoulder. Everyone but me did a strong "JUMP!"
Then they were all busy catching their breath and jabbering about the huge ball of electricity that had followed the lightning strike and then came bouncing across the ground for maybe 70 feet, coming right at us all! Then it nose-dived into the ground just a few feet away from us.
I never saw it. But THEY all sure DID!
A total of five Churches were all built along the ridge that runs for four little blocks here. I wonder if they put churches there because of the lightning -strike odds?
Maybe in 1880? Lightning hit the tallest tower on the Methodist Church across from the previously mentioned parsonage and started a small fire.
In 1898 the Baptist church, a block South from the Methodist church lost it's entire West wall to a tornado.
The lower Dunkard Church, now a community center never got any such abuse that I know of it being the lowest church and another block South of the Baptist church.
The old Dunkard Church is all wood with no towers. The Methodist. Baptist and Lutheran churches are all brick with towers.
The small wooden Church, presently The Catholic church is half a block South of the Methodist church and never got any weather damage either, that I know of.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I was a young teen when I saw it. I was cutting through neighbors' yards at night when I heard a whistling sound like a bottle rocket makes coming up from behind and above me. I looked towards the sound just as it was coming to a stop directly over me. It hovered for a half second or so, then shot off at about 45 degrees to it's original path. It traveled 20 feet or so then exploded with a very loud report. Needless to say, I ran my *** home, lol. It wasn't until about 10 years later that I happened upon an article about ball lightening and knew what I had seen. It's rare, but you might be surprised how many people have witnessed it.

·
Banned
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That would be freaky indoors. At 5 that wouldn't be something you'd forget. When I was a little older I got a bad shock and burn testing lights out by a faulty socket. I was afraid to go into that room for a long time. So I could see how you'd be concerned around lightening. You never forget the crackling. Some say there is like a sulfur odor too but I was too far away and running shortly after to partake in the roses if you will.

·
Banned
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wouldn't be surprised if churches were set upon areas where magnetic influence could be tapped. Remember the guy down in FL who built Coral Castle. He didn't build a church but certainly moved some huge blocks of coral. The 1st batteries were made in ancient times and wasn't the 10 commandments once housed in a structure that would shock you? Yeah I'd say there is a strong correlation between life, spirit, religion and electricity. There are magnetic grids all over the earth. Perhaps when the ball set towards you and your friends it was following one?

·
Banned
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow cool and shocking! Oh I know many have seen it but then again more have not. I only wish I had filmed it. Every person has their own unique experience with it. I had to look it up. I never heard of it but as you said you sure heard of it after it blows up!

·
Registered
74 Posts
When my dad was a young boy,far northern Minnesota,on the Canadian border, he and his siblings were walking to school, and saw ball lightening. It was rather larger,maybe basketball sized, came rolling across a field,and bounced some. He never forgot it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts