Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where dead things grow again.
Here's a couple pics of where our barn haunt is going to be. It will hopefully be a combo of outdoor and indoor. My neighbor that owns the barn has had numerous Halloween parties for over 100 people and he and his brother have set up some displays for the parties. Now they want to go all out.and do up the bottom floor of the barn. It's 35 by 160 so lots and lots of room. Gonna take tons of work and we may just go part way this year but time will tell
The old smokehouse this would be the first thing encountered at the end of the parking lot.
S7300262_zpseywzv4io.jpg

A short ways away is a real honest to goodness 19th century graveyard. Wall is built from the same stone as the old Erie canal. Obviously need cleaning up and setting the stones up again.
S7300263_zpsoktboxdj.jpg
To the right of the cemetery a path goes down through the woods. Really just young growth saplings and brush but still plenty to work with

Here's a mobile shed we can use in the woods. Maybe a haunted concession.
S7300266_zpsm9atvail.jpg

And here is the barn itself. I'd like to see spooky lighting way up in the twin silos. The path through the woods comes out to the right and downhill from the barn. There's a really cool farm tunnel under the old RR bed a ways down slope but haven't figured out how to work that in.

S7300265_zpsay4kugej.jpg

I've watched some videos of Haunted Overload in New Hampshire and they have some cool ideas. I'll steal some from here and there and invent some things as well. Should be really cool if we can all keep focused. He has 2 kids in their mid 20's who say their friends will be actors so hopefully that will work out as well. A lot to do but I'm psyched. Or was that psycho

I

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
Very cool. I could certainly see that setting creeping out quite a few even without the Halloween decorations in place.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Looks great! That smokehouse is the perfect mausoleum and the cemetery entrance with the pillars is nice, just
clear out the brush, set up spider webs and stuff...... im sure it will be a blast when your done with it.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Wow, that's a great site with a lot of scare potential! Skeleton/zombie horses ( animated with recorded horse sounds would be cool) in the barn, A witch with her cauldron in the stone smokehouse thing. A "garden" of zombie heads with a static or animated Grim Reaper, evil scarecrow standing by ready to harvest them, some nice ambient moans, fog and some creepy lighting. Haunted hay ride with various creepy things rushing the hay cart, passing by all sorts of terrifying scenes. I think I could happily while away a year of my life easily working on a project like that!

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Don't touch a thing. Actual wolf howls, at night, you R dunnn! People would be running!
Any friends have a large, friendly dog? Make a mask for it like the old Hammer film with Sherlock Holmes (Peter Cushing) un-masks the shot-dead real killer great Dane. (They basically just made a covering for the dog's head, making his entire head look oddly "Thicker" )
no. i'm kidding, get to work! get there now! Have a ton of fun doing it too!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts