Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was searching the web for high quality sounds that I could use for my haunt and stumbled upon this site:

https://mynoise.net/noiseMachines.php

It is an incredible mix of all kinds of sounds but some of them are perfect for spooky uses (look for the 'spider' icon). Each sound allows you to tailor the sound to your specific needs using "sliders". You can "stack" sounds and you can even animate the sliders so the sound changes over time. Most of the sounds are free but to access some of the advanced features you need to donate ($5). In my opinion, the quality of the audio and the ability to modify the sounds makes the $5 donation a no-brainier. Fyi - I have nothing to do with this site (and paid my $5!) and am simply advertising it because I think it's awesome.

If you want to record a sound you will most likely need to download the free audio program Audacity and then use the "loopback" feature to record what you hear in your headphones. Here is a webpage that explains several ways to record audio from a webpage: https://www.howtogeek.com/217348/how-to-record-the-sound-coming-from-your-pc-even-without-stereo-mix/

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You don't have to pay the $5 - it just gets you some additional features on the site. The guy who created the site will create an mp3 for you if you want, but you have to pay extra for that. However, if you get the Audacity audio program (which is free) you can use the "loopback" feature (google it) to record what you hear on the website. This is not stealing - the guy who runs the website told me to do this and it works wonderfully.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I just had a chance to play around with this site, it is really cool, thanks! Further to your Audacity suggestion, while you are recording you can move the sliders around, making a more "organic" soundtrack.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
fyi - below the "sliders" there are a number of icons that you can use to do things like change volume or mute. There is also an icon to "animate" the sliders which will slowly change the sliders for you over time so the sound will change by itself.

·
Registered
356 Posts
fyi - below the "sliders" there are a number of icons that you can use to do things like change volume or mute. There is also an icon to "animate" the sliders which will slowly change the sliders for you over time so the sound will change by itself.
Very cool! I was in a bit of a hurry the other day and missed that, thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts