Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up an awesome skull from Michaels today. Full price in $9.99 but you can jump on your phone and get anywhere from 20-40% off from their website which brings the cost down to almost nothing for the quality of this guy! Awesome nearly life size and good details. The wife and I will be using this to build a ghost prop out of and depending how that goes we might pick up another one or two. I will post updates on the ghost prop and if it turns out as good as I hope I will post a complete tutorial in the appropriate thread.

Check out these skulls at Michaels, I bet they will sell out fast, especially at the killer price they have them at!

More pics to come!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That looks awesome. I am not sure if I would go with 5mm or 10mm.

I looked at RS online and they say they LEDs are not available in store.... I find that hard to believe.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I also have some with 5mm but these give a fuller look. I have a few with LEDs that came in a strand of battery powered multi color lights from wmart, I like them because of having an assortment of colors to choose from and they are super bright and like 1-2mm

·
Registered
36 Posts
The rib cage came from an old target bag of bones. The cauldron creep came from this site. http://devilschariot.blogspot.com/2009/08/cauldron-creep-how-to-or-how-it-was.html?m=1

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Blue LEDs, relays, 9v connectors, 20g wire. Will end up doing more LED lit stuff but this is just for the Ghosts eyes (which I did not have time to work on today unfortunately)

·
Registered
265 Posts
Thanks for posting this, I really need a good skull for using as a base to make copies. This one looks perfect! Michaels, here I come!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm not sure if I will or not. Maybe I will cut some up and see how they look. These are only 5mm LEDs so they are not SUPER bright. I think the layers of cheesecloth will disperse the light well enough.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts